XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

swiftkey problem

Tip us?

danzelcool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default swiftkey problem

i am on on stock mk2 and every time i make a back then flash a another ROM. Then restore that back up swiftkey says
swiftkey cannot download language pack. and the only way to fix it is to re flash the ROM is there any fix for this.

ibcenu
Old
Thanks Meter 96
I would un install SwiftKey, then return install it... I think you can backup your custom dictionary, the rest should go quickly

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Sprint S3

tnadawg89
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I had this problem after I switched from stock rooted mk2 to Carbon Rom for a day then restored my backup of stock mk2..I ended up going into philz recovery and manually wiping everything and then restoring my backup again... fixed the problem and the phone is running a lot smother... Try it out and see it if works for you

Samsung Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to tnadawg89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danzelcool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadawg89 View Post
I had this problem after I switched from stock rooted mk2 to Carbon Rom for a day then restored my backup of stock mk2..I ended up going into philz recovery and manually wiping everything and then restoring my backup again... fixed the problem and the phone is running a lot smother... Try it out and see it if works for you

so i would go to clean to install a new rom then restore the backup?

tnadawg89
Old
Thanks Meter 17
You need to go into advanced in philz, wipe everything that has sdcard behind it... Just don't wipe sdcard1 because that is your external card... After you do that go into backup and restore and restore your backup... If you need more help just let me know, I'm just going off of memory but I can go into the recovery and tell you exactly what to wipe if you need me to... Just let me know

Samsung Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to tnadawg89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danzelcool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
You need to go into advanced in philz, wipe everything that has sdcard behind it... Just don't wipe sdcard1 because that is your external card... After you do that go into backup and restore and restore your backup... If you need more help just let me know, I'm just going off of memory but I can go into the recovery and tell you exactly what to wipe if you need me to... Just let me know

i cant find it can you see what exactly what you do.

tnadawg89
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I rebooted into philz... Go to Mounts and Storage (I thought it was advanced, sorry) and format /system, /cache, and the other 2.. Don't format anything with sdcard1 behind it... After you do that go back to the main menu in philz and select backup and restore and restore your backup... Hopefully that helps more

Samsung Galaxy S4

danzelcool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I rebooted into philz... Go to Mounts and Storage (I thought it was advanced, sorry) and format /system, /cache, and the other 2.. Don't format anything with sdcard1 behind it... After you do that go back to the main menu in philz and select backup and restore and restore your backup... Hopefully that helps more

thanks i will try
The Following User Says Thank You to danzelcool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tnadawg89
Old
Thanks Meter 17
No problem, glad to help... If you have any other problems feel free to ask and I'll help ya as much as I can

Samsung Galaxy S4

tnadawg89
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzelcool View Post
thanks i will try
Did it work for you?

Samsung Galaxy S4