Edit: Problem sorted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
There are some noise cancellations issues which we believe to be software related. We hope the issue is solved in the next update, but we can't say for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Hello all, I am new to the Nexus 5. I bought mine two days ago. I was really impressed with it at first, but now I'm being told by everyone who I speak to on calls, I sound distant, fuzzy and my mic is crackling. Also, there's a few black dots on the screen. I have done some quick research and found lots and lots of information regarding this issue. However, what I really want to know is, considering this is annoying me like crazy, is it even worth returning it and getting another one? I seen a few posts on other sites and one user had returned 5 times and still had faults. I don't know if I can trust LG again. The problem is, I love this phone so much! :/ I have 30 days to return my phone because of these faults and can either get a refund or an exchange. I don't even think there are any alternatives in the £300 price range :/ I sold my iPhone 5C for this as well! :/

Do you really have issues with your phone or are you just trolling. I notice your screen name is "Angry_Nexus5"?

I have neither of the issues you've described. My Nexus 5 seems to be perfect minus a software glitch when making calls. If you are having issues then definitely replace it through warranty. No need to ask anyone for permission to do so.

sent from my neXus 5

G

G_Droid

There are some noise cancellations issues which we believe to be software related. We hope the issue is solved in the next update, but we can't say for sure.

That's certainly promising. I can't see how they'd be able to overlook such a big hardware flaw if it is hardware, so I guess software could be the problem.

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
We all have the microphone issue. It just depends how much we notice it. Dodgy noise cancellation algorithm. Just record a video with the tv in the background, you'd probably notice it

G

G_Droid

Do you really have issues with your phone or are you just trolling. I notice your screen name is "Angry_Nexus5"?

I have neither of the issues you've described. My Nexus 5 seems to be perfect minus a software glitch when making calls. If you are having issues then definitely replace it through warranty. No need to ask anyone for permission to do so.

sent from my neXus 5

I assure you, I am no troll. This is a well known issue from what I have read and pretending it does not exist is an insult to your own and my own intelligence.

Last edited:

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
I have no idea what trolling is, but I assure you, I am no troll. I have a nabour that resembles one though, haha! In all serious though, this is a well known issue from what I have read and pretending it does not exist is an insult to your own and my own intelligence. Nor am I asking permission, I'm asking if people think its even worth returning - because others seem to have gone through the trouble of returning just to find they have another defective product.

I'm definitely not pretending it doesn't exist. I guess I've never noticed the issue since I never used video recording on this phone. Also no one has told me anything about the call quality having static. If its a known issue that you can bear with then I'd say wait it out and see if the issue gets rectified with the next software update but then again black dots on the screen might be a bit annoying for me to view so I'd probably still do the replacement.

sent from my neXus 5

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
I have no idea what trolling is, but I assure you, I am no troll. I have a nabour that resembles one though, haha! In all serious though, this is a well known issue from what I have read and pretending it does not exist is an insult to your own and my own intelligence. Nor am I asking permission, I'm asking if people think its even worth returning - because others seem to have gone through the trouble of returning just to find they have another defective product.

It is a well known issue and has easy fixes as well. Simply covering the secondary mic is one of them, check out the threads discussing this issue for more help.

Personally I haven't had anyone complain about my voice and they seem to hear me fine for the most part so I've not taken any action. You also mentioned you may have dead pixels and if so you might want to RMA because of that.

The vast majority of users don't come on to report "all is well here" and so when you read forums you get a concentration of people with issues, or some unlucky/overly picky RMAers.

G

G_Droid

It is a well known issue and has easy fixes as well. Simply covering the secondary mic is one of them, check out the threads discussing this issue for more help.

Personally I haven't had anyone complain about my voice and they seem to hear me fine for the most part so I've not taken any action. You also mentioned you may have dead pixels and if so you might want to RMA because of that.

The vast majority of users don't come on to report "all is well here" and so when you read forums you get a concentration of people with issues, or some unlucky/overly picky RMAers.

Thank you for your replies. I will go in store tomorrow and discuss my options with a staff member.

Last edited:
G

G_Droid

Just to update:
I returned my N5, the lady at Carphone was very friendly. She replaced it with a new black Nexus 5 and said its one fresh off the production line. All in all, I'm very impressed :) glad I returned :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
Just to update:
I returned my N5, the lady at Carphone was very friendly. She replaced it with a black nexus 5 and said its one fresh off the production line. So far, no black dots - improved calls - bigger speaker and microphone holes and tight volume rocker buttons. GPS is accurate, and no light bleed. All in all, I'm very impressed :) glad I returned :)

so... umm... does this mean that you will now post with a different username? since (hopefully) you aren't angry with your nexus5 now?

G

G_Droid

Done. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to update:
    I returned my N5, the lady at Carphone was very friendly. She replaced it with a black nexus 5 and said its one fresh off the production line. So far, no black dots - improved calls - bigger speaker and microphone holes and tight volume rocker buttons. GPS is accurate, and no light bleed. All in all, I'm very impressed :) glad I returned :)

so... umm... does this mean that you will now post with a different username? since (hopefully) you aren't angry with your nexus5 now?