5,599,337 Members 38,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] Flash CyanogenMod on TWRP

Tip us?

Harfainx
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 545
If you're already on CM 10.2, just wipe cache and dalvik. Flash over your current build.

If you're coming from anything else, wipe cache, dalvik, data, and system. Then flash normally.
If you want gapps, you'll have to flash gapps as well.

No need for any modified files on nightlies. I assume that official stable builds will still be defaulted to flash on stock recovery though.

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
team d3rp

ArchosFans Forum
Archos Gamepad OUYA Nexus 10 Nexus 7 (2013)
Oppo N1 HTC One (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)

Recycled phones: HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older
Recycled Tablets: Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android)

mcteague
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfainx View Post
If you're already on CM 10.2, just wipe cache and dalvik. Flash over your current build.

If you're coming from anything else, wipe cache, dalvik, data, and system. Then flash normally.
If you want gapps, you'll have to flash gapps as well.

No need for any modified files on nightlies. I assume that official stable builds will still be defaulted to flash on stock recovery though.

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
Have i read right that the linked copy of TWRP will allow me to flash between ColourOS and latest CM11, not needing Oppo recovery to do so.

Harfainx
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
Have i read right that the linked copy of TWRP will allow me to flash between ColourOS and latest CM11, not needing Oppo recovery to do so.
The nightlies can be flashed in TWRP without any issues. I haven't been modifying them at all.

I believe that nightlies straight from CM will be compatible with TWRP, but full stable releases that have been finalized and approved (like the first two) will be setup to flash in stock recovery.
team d3rp

ArchosFans Forum

Recycled phones: HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older
Recycled Tablets: Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android)
The Following User Says Thank You to Harfainx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23407

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfainx View Post
The nightlies can be flashed in TWRP without any issues. I haven't been modifying them at all.

I believe that nightlies straight from CM will be compatible with TWRP, but full stable releases that have been finalized and approved (like the first two) will be setup to flash in stock recovery.
The official releases should flash in TWRP too, now that TWRP has been fixed to flash older (pre-4.4) packages.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

Harfainx
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
The official releases should flash in TWRP too, now that TWRP has been fixed to flash older (pre-4.4) packages.
Perfect! Thanks for the update.
team d3rp

ArchosFans Forum