XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Waiting for device"

Tip us?

herolet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy "Waiting for device"

A whole day it took my to root my phone,as i had to downgrade to windows 7 from windows,HOWEVER i had to delete the windows 7 i got and get a new one due to a driver issue.Then after i rooted my phone i was looking forward to fast boot a mod i got...yet it does not work.
So i attempted to unlock the boot loader, but yet again a problem arose where i am unable to unlock it because the command prompt just says "Waiting for device" as you will see in the attachment. I.I have searched all over,done all i could,and i cant resolved the issue!So please someone end my misery and help me fix this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	command prompt.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	2538291   Click image for larger version

Name:	flashtool fail.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	2538292  

mmarta
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Fastboot message: device must be rooted first. No root.
ADB: Settings/Developer Options/Usb debug->enable usb debugging mode

balavigneshs
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolet View Post
A whole day it took my to root my phone,as i had to downgrade to windows 7 from windows,HOWEVER i had to delete the windows 7 i got and get a new one due to a driver issue.Then after i rooted my phone i was looking forward to fast boot a mod i got...yet it does not work.
So i attempted to unlock the boot loader, but yet again a problem arose where i am unable to unlock it because the command prompt just says "Waiting for device" as you will see in the attachment. I.I have searched all over,done all i could,and i cant resolved the issue!So please someone end my misery and help me fix this.
Hi,

I faced similar problem while i was unlocking my bootloader.
i followed the following
  • Install latest version of flashtool
  • goto C:\Flashtool\drivers (assuming u set default location for flastool to install)
  • Use the exe file to install flashmode,fastboot and your device driver
  • And then try to unlock bootloader

herolet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes i followed all your instructions , i dont know which one fixed it but it's working completely fine now.Ive got Le0PArDx's rom on mine now thank you guys.

nisu4717
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolet View Post
Unlock bootloder via flashtool.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

andacro
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have to use PDANet to get it working: http://www.droidiser.com/2012/11/how...y-android.html
The Following User Says Thank You to andacro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]