TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

"Waiting for device"

OP herolet

25th January 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
A whole day it took my to root my phone,as i had to downgrade to windows 7 from windows,HOWEVER i had to delete the windows 7 i got and get a new one due to a driver issue.Then after i rooted my phone i was looking forward to fast boot a mod i got...yet it does not work.
So i attempted to unlock the boot loader, but yet again a problem arose where i am unable to unlock it because the command prompt just says "Waiting for device" as you will see in the attachment. I.I have searched all over,done all i could,and i cant resolved the issue!So please someone end my misery and help me fix this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	command prompt.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	2538291   Click image for larger version

Name:	flashtool fail.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	2538292  
25th January 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Székesfehérvár
Thanks Meter: 9

19 posts
More
Fastboot message: device must be rooted first. No root.
ADB: Settings/Developer Options/Usb debug->enable usb debugging mode
26th January 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolet

A whole day it took my to root my phone,as i had to downgrade to windows 7 from windows,HOWEVER i had to delete the windows 7 i got and get a new one due to a driver issue.Then after i rooted my phone i was looking forward to fast boot a mod i got...yet it does not work.
So i attempted to unlock the boot loader, but yet again a problem arose where i am unable to unlock it because the command prompt just says "Waiting for device" as you will see in the attachment. I.I have searched all over,done all i could,and i cant resolved the issue!So please someone end my misery and help me fix this.

Hi,

I faced similar problem while i was unlocking my bootloader.
i followed the following
  • Install latest version of flashtool
  • goto C:\Flashtool\drivers (assuming u set default location for flastool to install)
  • Use the exe file to install flashmode,fastboot and your device driver
  • And then try to unlock bootloader
26th January 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Yes i followed all your instructions , i dont know which one fixed it but it's working completely fine now.Ive got Le0PArDx's rom on mine now thank you guys.
26th January 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag vidhya nagar
Thanks Meter: 107

766 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolet

Unlock bootloder via flashtool.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
28th January 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

257 posts
More
I have to use PDANet to get it working: http://www.droidiser.com/2012/11/how...y-android.html
The Following User Says Thank You to andacro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread