Ask a question

No registration required

Missing Wlanapi.dll in XP x64.

OP albion01

28th January 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
I have a user who just received a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3. When he tries to plug it into his computer - using a USB3 or USB2 cable - it errors with, "This application has failed to start because Wlanapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." The user is running Windows XP x64 sp2 on his desktop.

I've searched around the web finding kb918977, which had the download "WindowsXP-KB918977-v6-x86-ENU.exe". Unfortunately that gives me the old hardware platform error. I've also found some sketchy looking driver download sites, but I'm not much for taking that risk. Is there an XP x64 version of this file somewhere or is my user SOL with his Galaxy Note on that machine?
28th January 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion01

I have a user who just received a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3. When he tries to plug it into his computer - using a USB3 or USB2 cable - it errors with, "This application has failed to start because Wlanapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." The user is running Windows XP x64 sp2 on his desktop.

I've searched around the web finding kb918977, which had the download "WindowsXP-KB918977-v6-x86-ENU.exe". Unfortunately that gives me the old hardware platform error. I've also found some sketchy looking driver download sites, but I'm not much for taking that risk. Is there an XP x64 version of this file somewhere or is my user SOL with his Galaxy Note on that machine?

I'm not sure anyone else will ever have this problem given the age of the OS, but just in case... I was able to get an older version of the Samsung Kies to install. Although Kies 2.5 was not compatible with the Note 3, it did install the driver I needed. Now my user can at least transfer files from his device in Windows Explorer. I downloaded the older version from this site http://www.oldapps.com/samsung_kies....Windows_XP_x64

-Craig
28th January 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 119

471 posts
And by user... what your reallyyyy trying to say is...

Jokes aside thanks it might help someone else with the same error.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wlanapi.dll, xp64
Previous Thread Next Thread