[MOD][Deodex][MA7][MC2]Hotspot Mod - Working 4G

Search This thread

cullenmq1

Sep 19, 2011
Is this going to be updated for the new 4.3 ota?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Tut still works like a charm for MK4, as always thanks Crawrj

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kingarthur72076

Sep 28, 2008
Will this work on a rooted stock 4.3 mk4? I know stock roms are odex but I can't seem to locate a Hotspot Mod for a new stock rom. This is the closest I have found to what I am looking for without flashing a complete rom.

iceover06

May 20, 2008
Help me understand

Hello I am on stock rom and rooted can i use this I have been using treve mod it seems as this may work better.. also is there one such as this for the 4.3 android?

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
question

Having troubles installing this one. Twrp gave an error to the effect of not being able to mount "preload" and Philz just says "E: Can't open ~/MC2HotspotMod.zip (bad) Installation Aborted".

If I try to manually mount preload in Twrp, it just doesn't work and the box won't "check". If I try it in Philz, it says "Error mounting /preload!".

Any ideas?

Update: Got it working. It appears I made a silly mistake and didn't verify md5s before flashing. Everything is now working how it should after instaling the .zip from the AndroidFileHost.com link in the op. I can confirm that the mod works the way it is supposed to and corrects the "error 67" issue when attempting to use the usb tethering feature. Hooray!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will allow native hotspot and tethering.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You do this at your own risk.

This is based off stock MA7/MC2. This should not be used on other Roms until it is integrated.

Question: Will this work with the custom Rom I am using?

Answer: A general rule, but not a guarantee, when using this with a custom Rom:

1. The Rom must be built on 100% stock MA7.

2. The services.jar has not been modified by the Rom developer.

And that is true for any mod, theme or whatever else that has been built on stock code.

If those two things are true you should be able to flash this with no problems. If not, you will just have to wait until it gets integrated into the Rom.

Download MC2 Deodexed: http://tinyw.in/ocJL
    MD5: 462d6026b9fc50c48a6b082ea294c50d

Download MA7 Deodexed: http://tinyw.in/h1sR
    MD5: 731368c26e59fca4bbb4f3d1062b628b

Mirrors:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/22nv3imjgftp9q5/ddSKYAe1P_

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=4339
    This information is for those that want to include the changes into their Roms. Normal users just need to flash the zip to install.

What to change to get this working:

Edit /com/android/server/connectivity/Tethering.smali

Code:
    [B]Before:[/B]

5050:     .line 1128
    5051:     :cond_a0
    5052:     const/4 v8, 0x1
    5053: 
    5054:     .line 1131
    5055:     if-eqz v8, :cond_df
    5056:

Code:
    [B]After:[/B]

5050:     .line 1128
    5051:     :cond_a0
    5052:     if-eqz v8, :cond_df
    Only thing missing is Sprint no longer has a neat notification toggle or widget for easy access

.:Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II:.

The tether app can be activated by decompiling framework-res.apk. go to res/values/bools and change the line for the widget to true. It is false by default. Then recompile and push back to system/framework.

You should then have the app for wireless tether.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

Thanks mack for letting me know the changes posted were wrong. I have updated post two to show the correct info. Guess I had too many things going on at once. My apologies for the mixup.
    Updated to MC2.