[Q] Best way to backup game saves/data?

Search This thread

stache12

Dec 6, 2012
So I have a rooted Asus Transformer (TF101), and I have several games on it that I've made quite a lot of progress in. I was wondering if there was some sort of app or something I could use to back up the save games/data across device reformats. When I went from JB 4.2 to JB 4.3, I thought I had used Titanium Backup correctly, and ended up losing nearly 2 months of progress in several games. Does anyone know if I need to have the Pro version of TB or if I just used it incorrectly? Or even another alternative?

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
I used Titanium backup (free) several times and never had any issue. Make sure to save apps+data and if device is rooted it should work. Some software for pc (such as Moroboro) can backup data but it don't always work, and this one is pretty invasive.

stache12

Dec 6, 2012
Hmm... I'll have to give it another go after work and class then, and check out the google syncing, thanks for the replies.

another question, somewhat related:
Is it possible to use TB to restore saved data to a non-rooted device if I decide to switch the games to something else?