Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM11 Official Nightlies Question

Tip us?

Liquorsicc92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] CM11 Official Nightlies Question

I flashed cm11 on my note 3 last night and today I downloaded the latest OTA that was just released. When I try to apply the update it has a pop up window which says "This feature requires a compatible recovery or updates will need to be installed manually." I went ahead and tried to install the update but it failed. I am using CWM 6.0.4.5. I was wondering which recovery is compatible for CM11 OTAs if there is currently one available. If not, will i have to do a system whipe before manually flashing the updates and also reflash Gapps?

idtheftvictim
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquorsicc92 View Post
I flashed cm11 on my note 3 last night and today I downloaded the latest OTA that was just released. When I try to apply the update it has a pop up window which says "This feature requires a compatible recovery or updates will need to be installed manually." I went ahead and tried to install the update but it failed. I am using CWM 6.0.4.5. I was wondering which recovery is compatible for CM11 OTAs if there is currently one available. If not, will i have to do a system whipe before manually flashing the updates and also reflash Gapps?
You should be able to use TWRP to flash from the CM Updater app, the CWM isn't fully stable...pretty sure anyways.

No need to wipe system when flashing nightlies, no need to reflash GAPPS either.

Liquorsicc92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk