Elemental – The Cross Platform Code Editor StartUp

There is not many cross-platform code editors capable to run both on desktop and … more

Dropbox App Available on Windows Phone

The Dropbox app is well known and widely used. The application has finally landed on Windows Phone … more

aContact+++ Next Dialer

Ifyou have a dual SIM device and have problems with managing your two cards, you should check this dialer. … more

HTC Hima Photo Leaks Were Decoys

Reputable leaker EvLeaks confirms to us that he knows the photos of the HTC Hima circling the internet these … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

the Gear is dual-core??

OP Fuzz_

26th January 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
I ran CPU-Z and saw a shocking revelation.

Samsung Exynos 4212
ARM Cortex-A9
~
GPU Mali-400 MP

Did we already know this or is this new? also is it exploitable?

I put CPU-Z on for a laugh and I wasn't laughing.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Ke...JDOV9JVUVqSHc/
Last edited by Fuzz_; 26th January 2014 at 03:40 AM.
26th January 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_

I ran CPU-Z and saw a shocking revelation.

Samsung Exynos 4212
ARM Cortex-A9
~
GPU Mali-400 MP

Did we already know this or is this new? also is it exploitable?

I put CPU-Z on for a laugh and I wasn't laughing.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Ke...JDOV9JVUVqSHc/

Yes there is a thread on Kernal development: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2610071
The Following User Says Thank You to Bladder61 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #3  
lilstevie's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,041
 
1,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_

I ran CPU-Z and saw a shocking revelation.

Samsung Exynos 4212
ARM Cortex-A9
~
GPU Mali-400 MP

Did we already know this or is this new? also is it exploitable?

I put CPU-Z on for a laugh and I wasn't laughing.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Ke...JDOV9JVUVqSHc/

Yes, the SoC is a 1.6GHz dualcore exynos4212, with my kernel you can use the full power of the cores
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie

Yes, the SoC is a 1.6GHz dualcore exynos4212, with my kernel you can use the full power of the cores

OMG! thanks for that. I'm even more amazed at the watch's power!
28th January 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
666 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Say goodbye to your battery life, if you enable both cores. Can't imagine a scenario where I would require two cores tho...
28th January 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag México City
Thanks Meter: 26
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharite

Say goodbye to your battery life, if you enable both cores. Can't imagine a scenario where I would require two cores tho...

You clearly haven´t used the traingulum kernel. Battery life is awesome.
28th January 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367
 
2,472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncius

You clearly haven´t used the traingulum kernel. Battery life is awesome.

I found that enabling both cores drastically decreased my battery life and I didn't really see any real life performance difference.
29th January 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #8  
lopan2000's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10

I found that enabling both cores drastically decreased my battery life and I didn't really see any real life performance difference.

You may need to tweak your kernel settings to get better battery. To me, the extra battery drain is worth it and isn't a problem since I charge every night. The watch in stock form is soooo sluggish. With the new kernel, apps scroll smoothly, open up faster ... I don't know if you use tablet talk to text from the watch, but the extra speed signifcantly helps when using the google keyboard to swype your text in.

Also, there are some build.prop tweaks that make the touch screen more responsive, so all you 'back button' down swipes will register almost 100%

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes