FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Ahhh...?rooting and unlocking bootloader sucked!

Thanks Meter: 7
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Did something happen?? I just switched over from my atrix hd it's been rooted and unlocked bootloader for over a year. Well my wife thought if I did the same to get atrix she could get more money out of it. Rooting and unlocking the bootloader on hers was one of the most time consuming unlock I've done. I had to use ubuntu and etc etc...wow did she get an update that made it so complicated from when i did mine??
Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app
 
 
27th January 2014, 07:58 PM |#2  
Shinryu-chan's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
If she was on 4.1.x a few months ago, then yeah...
AFAIK The Ubuntu Root method wasn't so bad though. After one or two tries it goes through easy.
The bootloader unlock was rather easy as well.
At least you managed to root & unlock it so it all worked out right? 😜

Sent via carrier pigeon from my pigeon delivery app.
27th January 2014, 08:00 PM |#3  
Byakko Custom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinryu-chan

If she was on 4.1.x a few months ago, then yeah...
AFAIK The Ubuntu Root method wasn't so bad though. After one or two tries it goes through easy.
The bootloader unlock was rather easy as well.
At least you managed to root & unlock it so it all worked out right? 😜

Sent via carrier pigeon from my pigeon delivery app.

Wasn't there a one-click root method added sometime after?
27th January 2014, 08:02 PM |#4  
Shinryu-chan's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakko Custom

Wasn't there a one-click root method added sometime after?

Quit quoting me already!
Don't you have anything better to do?

Sent via carrier pigeon from my pigeon delivery app.
27th January 2014, 11:17 PM |#5  
TheJeremyWhite's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Surrey, BC
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
@needleyepoke Myth Tools, which uses motopocalypse to unlock the bootloader and motochopper to root. Takes about a minute each. Or you can download each tool seperately

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th January 2014, 10:55 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Is there a newer method for unlocking your bootloader? for system version 98.4.20? Because motoapacolypse will not unlock my bootloader and several pages claim it still works. I need a method compaitble with windows 7 and complete instructions please.
28th January 2014, 11:45 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman781992

Is there a newer method for unlocking your bootloader? for system version 98.4.20? Because motoapacolypse will not unlock my bootloader and several pages claim it still works. I need a method compaitble with windows 7 and complete instructions please.

Mythtools/motoapacolypse didn't work? Did you install the drivers and put the mythtool files in the right directories

Sent from my MB886 with the same version as you, rooted and unlocked, using xda app-developers app
29th January 2014, 12:30 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Mythtools: never seen any mention of this

motoapacolypse: this didnt work

I just wanna install cyanogenmod i rooted and kept the stock rom cus i wanted to keep using smartactions but after having tons of problems i switched to juice defender ultimate and i see no reason to stay on stock firmware with its bad battery life and excessively high ram usage
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes