XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cannot root galaxy s3 i747 4.3

Tip us?

winosxbuntu
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg View Post
Agreed. The devs worked directly from the OTA. They never had the official firmware, as they all will tell you. You're not going to find it here or anywhere on the net.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T released official for 4.1.2 , dont know what happned with 4.3 but blame Samsung cuz after 4.1.1 S3's update, updates went down from there ........4.1.2 update was great, 4.3 being a WTF and no 4.2.2 .........but am optimistic that 4.4 is coming for S3's and never will CM/AOKP/PARANOID roms forsake the S3 it will have 5+ versions
CM11 Or 4.3 S3Rx FTW ------ SGH I747
live by Dubstep

theramsey3
Old
(Last edited by theramsey3; 29th January 2014 at 01:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by winosxbuntu View Post
AT&T released official for 4.1.2 , dont know what happned with 4.3 but blame Samsung cuz after 4.1.1 S3's update, updates went down from there ........4.1.2 update was great, 4.3 being a WTF and no 4.2.2 .........but am optimistic that 4.4 is coming for S3's and never will CM/AOKP/PARANOID roms forsake the S3 it will have 5+ versions
So since you allege AT&T released official firmware for 4.1.2(some other way than OTA) obviously my search skills aren't what they should be. Can you provide a link to backup your allegations?

Whether or not we get updates has little to do with Samsung and more to do with the service provider, and it is the service provider whom determines if we get an official copy released.

My thought is that AT&T is attempting to discourage us from customizing our devices. Some people have no business customizing anything and that can cause them to attempt to return their device under warranty. When the owner was the cause of the device failure that costs the provider money...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Btw I want to apologize to the OP here is a link to some roms that are pre rooted they're very close to stock with only minor differences mostly in its capabilities and some are debloated. These will get you rooted for sure, remove knox and should do what you want. I like the one from loserskater. This link below works only on the AT&T SGH-I747. once again I apologize for bickering in your thread while not even staying on topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app