[FIX] Google play store not downloading apps
Hey guys recently I've seen many people complaining about play store not downloading apps or showing the "downloading" thing but no notification appears nor the app gets download. Majority speaks for the display of "error code: 927". But don't worry as you can fix it in a very simple way and noob friendly way with explanation for the cause of problem at last of the op.. Just follow the steps and do exactly the same as written in the given order..
1) Check the play store version you have. Go to play store -> settings. At last you'll see the build no which is your version of play store. If it's updated to the latest (the lastest version right now is 4.5.10), then this guide is useless for you. But you can still give it a try.. :thumbup:
2) turn off your internet connection and go to settings -> manage apps (or apps) and switch to all apps
a) Go to "Download manager". "Force stop" the app. "Clear data" . "Clear cache" .
b) Go to "Downloads". "Force stop" the app. "Clear data" . "Clear cache" .
c) Go to "Google play services". "Force stop" the app. "Clear data". "Clear cache". "Uninstall updates" (if any).
d) Go to "Google play store". "Force stop" the app. "Clear data". "Clear cache". "Uninstall updates" (if any).
e) Go to "Google services framework". "Force stop" the app. "Clear data". "Clear cache".
3) Now do a reboot (not soft reboot).
4) Turn on your internet connection. Open google play store. It'll ask you for an agreement to accept which is for updates. Tap the check box and tap accept.
5) Let the play store load it's homepage. Close the play store and open it again.
6) Let your phone stay idle for about 40 mins (I'll explain why). "Do not skip the play store screen". "Do not do any activity which requires internet connection (facebook, twitter, etc). I prefer to leave the phone idle and turn off the screen".
7) Turn on your screen and close the play store and open it again. You'll see an updated version of play store. If yes then now you won't be facing any problem while downloading apps. :thumbup::thumbup:
If not, repeat the whole procedure..
As many of you have guessed by seeing the steps, the problem is that your play store is not updated and the google server retries to update it continously. After a fixed no of attempts, it stops retrying and then you'll to do it manually. I discovered this thing when I was playing with miui rom and was facing the same problem. I noticed a file of 6 mb downloading named "downloadfile.apk" in the "Downloads" apps. When it completes downloading, it just reappeared again when I opened the play store which was not updated by default (I knew because I was using TrippedOutRom and Shpongle previously and ad the updated version). After about 7 to 8 times the same file got downloaded, I got the updated version and the downloading problem was solved. This was the reason I told to keep the phone idle at play store screen for about 40 mins. It's a 6 mb file but it makes at least 6 attempts which takes around 40 mins when we consider the wrost-case-scenario for the bandwidth. Remember, this (file downloading thing showing in downloads app) is not shown in rom like Shpongle and TrippedOutRom so don't panic and be patient as the file is downloading at background.
Result of playing with your phone at midnight when you know the fact that you've an exam at morning .
No help/guide is taken from the internet
PS: Don't forget to press the thanks button if this guide helped you..