OMAP4 Bluetooth 4.0 BLE

Tip us?

lucize
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Smile OMAP4 Bluetooth 4.0 BLE

it seems that is working, tried it on 4.4.2, but no OAD support..
to enable it add the following line to android/system/device/motorola/omap4-common/common.mk

frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.bluetooth_le.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.bluetooth_le.xml
next to
frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.usb.host.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.usb.host.xml \

and (device specific) system/device/motorola/maserati/bluetooth/bdroid_buildcfg.h

#define BTA_DM_COD {0x1A, 0x01, 0x14}

#define BTIF_HF_SERVICES (BTA_HSP_SERVICE_MASK)
#define BTIF_HF_SERVICE_NAMES { BTIF_HSAG_SERVICE_NAME }
#define PAN_NAP_DISABLED TRUE
#define BLE_INCLUDED TRUE
#define BTA_GATT_INCLUDED TRUE
#define SMP_INCLUDED TRUE

after

#define BTM_DEF_LOCAL_NAME "Motorola Droid 4"

tried with new bluetooth firmware from https://github.com/TI-ECS/bt-firmware, is working but is not stable.
the default firmware is working well with the sensor tags
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-24-18-28-08.png
Views:	2453
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	2472726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-24-18-28-23.png
Views:	2541
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	2472727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-24-18-37-04.png
Views:	2211
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	2472728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-24-18-37-50.png
Views:	2236
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	2472729  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucize For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stargo
Old
(Last edited by stargo; 24th December 2013 at 10:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucize View Post
it seems that is working, tried it on 4.4.2, but no OAD support..
Great

I've just pushed your changes to my repositories, so they will be included in tomorrows nightly.

Merry Christmas,
Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to stargo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucize
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Merry Christmas to everyone !

All devices that have the TIInit_10.6.15.bts firmware should work so maybe this would be of help for someone else, maybe you can talk with Hashcode or David to enable it on every device. 4.3 should work too !

Regards

stargo
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Quote:
All devices that have the TIInit_10.6.15.bts firmware should work so maybe this would be of help for someone else, maybe you can talk with Hashcode or David to enable it on every device. 4.3 should work too !
Ok, short gerrit crash-course
  1. Configure your local git to commit with the name and email-address you want to be visible in public repositories
  2. Create an account on http://review.cyanogenmod.org/
  3. Upload an ssh public key there
  4. Clone the repository you want to change with something like:
    Code:
    git clone ssh://user@review.cyanogenmod.org:29418/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_omap4-common
    (This is not necessary if you are working on a direct CM clone and have no other changes in your repository)
  5. Make your changes, commit them
  6. Push your changes to gerrit:
    Code:
    git push ssh://user@review.cyanogenmod.org:29418/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_omap4-common HEAD:refs/for/cm-11.0
    This will tell you an URL where your change is visible.
  7. Go to that URL and add reviewers to your change. For example: Hashcode, David Hacker and probably me (Michael Gernoth)
  8. If your change is acceptable, it will get merged into the CM repository

That's all, no great magic

For more info, have a look at: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/Docume...er-upload.html

Best regards & thanks for your work,
Michael
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stargo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bofis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Merry Christmas to everyone !

Regards
Is that firmware part of CM11 or something that I'd have to install manually onto my Droid 4? If so, how does one upgrade the Bluetooth firmware?

lucize
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofis View Post
Is that firmware part of CM11 or something that I'd have to install manually onto my Droid 4? If so, how does one upgrade the Bluetooth firmware?
is part of cm11, you can find it in /etc/firmware/

you can find it here
https://github.com/TI-ECS/bt-firmware/commits/master this is the history page where you can find various versions, but the last version from December won't load and the rest will not work with the headset (no sound)
htc one x has the same bluetooth chip and has a newer version of firmware, but the sound on headset will not work either, everything else seems to work
you can see the version at the beginning of the file, motorola has TI_P6_15.56

to update, turn bluetooth off, simply overwrite the file and the turn it on again.

guyincog
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I noticed that this eventually made it to CM11 for all of Moto OMAP cousins, except for the Bionic (Targa). Any reason that the Targa was left out? A lack of hardware support, or was it just never tested?

lucize
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincog View Post
I noticed that this eventually made it to CM11 for all of Moto OMAP cousins, except for the Bionic (Targa). Any reason that the Targa was left out? A lack of hardware support, or was it just never tested?
I don't know if it has the proper chip but the firmware is correct so it should be possible. I don't have one to test.

Regards

guyincog
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I don't know if it has the proper chip but the firmware is correct so it should be possible. I don't have one to test.

Regards
Thanks for the reply. I've got one, maybe I'll see if I can talk one of the builders for the Bionic will make a test build with the necessary common.mk change.

I apprciate the work on this, and the kernel update you've got in progress. Any extra features we can add to these old devices is a huge bonus.