5,604,122 Members 49,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloader and root

Tip us?
 
mcgrathpatj
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 83
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Bootloader and root

Hi guys,

New note 3 user and new to t-mobile.

Perhaps an already answered question, but how exactly do I go about unlocking my bootloader? I want to flash cm11 and twrp. Are the tmobile phones already unlocked?

If the answer to the above is no, what are the steps to get it unlocked and a new recovery installed? Point to a link would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
 
djtheraven
Old
#2  
djtheraven's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 468
Posts: 2,448
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrathpatj View Post
Hi guys,

New note 3 user and new to t-mobile.

Perhaps an already answered question, but how exactly do I go about unlocking my bootloader? I want to flash cm11 and twrp. Are the tmobile phones already unlocked?

If the answer to the above is no, what are the steps to get it unlocked and a new recovery installed? Point to a link would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Tmo bootloader is already unlocked

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
USA T-Mobile Samsung Note 3 SM-N700T
SinLess Rom 2.1.3
Colonel-X 15.1
TWRP 2.7.0.0
 
mcgrathpatj
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 83
Join Date: Nov 2012
Ah.... cool. Thanks for the quick reply. So, root and then flash new recovery and good to go.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
 
Misterjunky
Old
#4  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1882
Posts: 3,948
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: root-custom recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrathpatj View Post
Ah.... cool. Thanks for the quick reply. So, root and then flash new recovery and good to go.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
If you don't care about the possibility of voiding your warranty due to the KNOX issue
then go ahead and root then flash custom recovery...

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).



 
mcgrathpatj
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 83
Join Date: Nov 2012
And if I do care about it? I understood root De La vega was good to go.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
 
useltonm
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 80
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrathpatj View Post
And if I do care about it? I understood root De La vega was good to go.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
It is....to gain root. However, if you flash twrp(or a custom kernel, or non-stock rom for that matter) , you will change knox warranty to 0x1.

I've seen a thread about a safestrap recovery, but have no idea what roms work with it. You may (or may not) be able to get cm11 to work with it. You'll have to do some research.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...