k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1249

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by richii0207 View Post
Their site explains why they don't post the source

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
No, their site provides invalid excuses for why they don't post the source. They're using the same rooting technique from cubeundcube that Saferoot uses. It's known, it's in the wild, and it's being patched, so why not publish?

If a simple developer like me can figure out what they're doing, do you really think that Samsung can't?
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

SwiftLeeO
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
No, their site provides invalid excuses for why they don't post the source. They're using the same rooting technique from cubeundcube that Saferoot uses. It's known, it's in the wild, and it's being patched, so why not publish?

If a simple developer like me can figure out what they're doing, do you really think that Samsung can't?
I personally use Saferoot and I'd say that if what your saying about their company is true, that everyone might as well just use Saferoot because for one thing it's really simple, and another reason is that it doesn't set off the KNOX fuse that I've been reading about. Don't get me wrong, I've only had my phone for a little over a week, but I do my homework before I root a phone that has this high of a price tag. My opinion would be for everyone to use Saferoot&Disable_Knox and freeze the OTA updater until/if there is a method to unlock the bootloader for mk2 base. I'm not even a developer, that's just my opinion from what I've read.