FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Kernel flashing help needed

28th January 2014, 07:37 AM |#1  
foton92's Avatar
OP Member
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Hey guys. My gs3 is running jellybean 4.3 and its rooted with saferoot. Everything is fine but I want a little more performance. Is there a way I can flash a custom kernel and make it faster or do I have to flash a ROM and then flash the kernel with safestrap? Any help will be great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
 
 
28th January 2014, 07:48 AM |#2  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
If my understanding is correct no u cant.. Since u took the 4.3OTA u can flash TW custom rom but also flash the stock kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 05:22 AM |#3  
foton92's Avatar
OP Member
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

If my understanding is correct no u cant.. Since u took the 4.3OTA u can flash TW custom rom but also flash the stock kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Even though I took the 4.3 ota. I can only flash custom tw roms is that correct?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
29th January 2014, 05:23 AM |#4  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Yes with safetrap.. After i flash the TW rom u gotta flash the stock kernel. In same session. I haven't done it myself but ive been reading on it so my bro can do it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 05:38 AM |#5  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 848
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

Yes with safetrap.. After i flash the TW rom u gotta flash the stock kernel. In same session. I haven't done it myself but ive been reading on it so my bro can do it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You need to flash the kernel modules, you don't mess with the kernel at all. It'll brick the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
29th January 2014, 05:44 AM |#6  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Ok keynel modules not kernel itself.. Ill add to my sticky notes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 06:00 AM |#7  
foton92's Avatar
OP Member
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

You need to flash the kernel modules, you don't mess with the kernel at all. It'll brick the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well yep. I made sure that I flash the kernel modules. But it does work I've already tried flashing another ROM and it worked.but I liked not having ss

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes