Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] free storage isnt displayed correctly

OP Killberty

28th January 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #1  
Killberty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 463
 
1,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Pc and phone show 4bg free, but actually its alot more, i deleted 10gb of movies

Any thoughts?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2
XDA Developers 4 premium app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390898514197.jpg
Views:	12819
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	2544027  
x102x96x
28th January 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty

Pc and phone show 4bg free, but actually its alot more, i deleted 10gb of movies

Any thoughts?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2
XDA Developers 4 premium app

setting > general > storage
check storage always from it.
when u use another app thr might be bug in it.
28th January 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #3  
sn0vvman's Avatar
Member
Flag Урюпинск
Thanks Meter: 8
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty

Pc and phone show 4bg free, but actually its alot more, i deleted 10gb of movies

Any thoughts?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2
XDA Developers 4 premium app

Backup your storage and format it.
28th January 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #4  
Killberty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 463
 
1,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

setting > general > storage
check storage always from it.
when u use another app thr might be bug in it.

Says 4bg free, but this cant be, as i said i deleted 10gb of movies

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2
XDA Developers 4 premium app
28th January 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #5  
Killberty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 463
 
1,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0vvman

Backup your storage and format it.

Never done that before, any things to keep in mind

Steps i would do:

Plug device to pc
Do to device
Strg+a
Strg+c
Go to backup location
Strg+v

Format storage ( how??)

Copy back

__
Will i loose my apps or anything?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2
XDA Developers 4 premium app
29th January 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #6  
sn0vvman's Avatar
Member
Flag Урюпинск
Thanks Meter: 8
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:

Never done that before, any things to keep in mind

Steps i would do:

Plug device to pc
Do to device
Strg+a
Strg+c
Go to backup location
Strg+v

Format storage ( how??)

Copy back

Yes, correct. Copy your data to PC.
Then do it using advanced wipe in TWRP recovery: Wipe\Advanced Wipe - be shure to check correct partition to wipe, wipe, reboot.
Of course, you had to have TWRP recovery installed. And don't forget to make full backup in recovery.
Also you can search for big hidden files using file explorer like Root Explorer and delete them.
29th January 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #7  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511
 
3,701 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0vvman

Yes, correct. Copy your data to PC.
Then do it using advanced wipe in TWRP recovery: Wipe\Advanced Wipe - be shure to check correct partition to wipe, wipe, reboot.
Of course, you had to have TWRP recovery installed. And don't forget to make full backup in recovery.
Also you can search for big hidden files using file explorer like Root Explorer and delete them.

He does not use a custom recovery afaik -
29th January 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #8  
sn0vvman's Avatar
Member
Flag Урюпинск
Thanks Meter: 8
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
I'v just installed from Google Play app Storage Analyser. It shows folders and files by size. So you can see location of big files and delete big files.
29th January 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #9  
Killberty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 463
 
1,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0vvman

Yes, correct. Copy your data to PC.
Then do it using advanced wipe in TWRP recovery: Wipe\Advanced Wipe - be shure to check correct partition to wipe, wipe, reboot.
Of course, you had to have TWRP recovery installed. And don't forget to make full backup in recovery.
Also you can search for big hidden files using file explorer like Root Explorer and delete them.

I am knox 0x0,what does this tell u about custom recoveries.





Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

He does not use a custom recovery afaik -


yep


Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0vvman

I'v just installed from Google Play app Storage Analyser. It shows folders and files by size. So you can see location of big files and delete big files.

The screenshot is from the app, deleting smth wont increase free space

SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2
XDA Developers 4 premium app
29th January 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #10  
Killberty's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 463
 
1,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Look what i found:

The whole /data partition is counted for internat storage
In the root of /data there r 2.x gb and in /data/media/obb there are 6gb (some gameloft related things )

Weird...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390977893449.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2546105  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes