Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Did I brick my Droid RAZR?

Tip us?

agustincards14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Did I brick my Droid RAZR?

Okay so this is what happened. I had been having problems with a ROM I had so I wanted to try out a new one. The new one wouldn't flash for some reason (correct slot and downloaded correctly yes), and I had already deleted my other ROM to make space for the new one. My "BACKUP"ROM I had under TWRP folder all of a sudden was not there anymore and now I had really no option but to use an ICS stock ROM. Instead, I tried to flash the new ROM onto the STOCK ROM slot and when I rebooted the little android malfunction icon popped up and I can't even access the SafeStrap recovery mode, only the simple one where you use the volume keys as controls. (Yes I'm a noob in need of help). So can somebody help me and tell me how to get ANY KIND OF ROM on my phone? lol Thank you guys.

mcchots
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by agustincards14 View Post
Okay so this is what happened. I had been having problems with a ROM I had so I wanted to try out a new one. The new one wouldn't flash for some reason (correct slot and downloaded correctly yes), and I had already deleted my other ROM to make space for the new one. My "BACKUP"ROM I had under TWRP folder all of a sudden was not there anymore and now I had really no option but to use an ICS stock ROM. Instead, I tried to flash the new ROM onto the STOCK ROM slot and when I rebooted the little android malfunction icon popped up and I can't even access the SafeStrap recovery mode, only the simple one where you use the volume keys as controls. (Yes I'm a noob in need of help). So can somebody help me and tell me how to get ANY KIND OF ROM on my phone? lol Thank you guys.
I did this yesterday.

You will have to flash the Stock ROM back to the phone using RSD Lite or similar. Check sbf.droid-developers.org - Droid Razr for ROMS. I'm assuming you have a XT912.

If you have a XT910 look here RAZR XT910 Firmwares SuperThread (Jelly Bean) or sbf.droid-developers.org

faheemakbar18
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Before its battery go zero flash with rsd lite ur region firmware

Tapped from Razr

agustincards14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchots View Post
I did this yesterday.

You will have to flash the Stock ROM back to the phone using RSD Lite or similar. Check sbf.droid-developers.org - Droid Razr for ROMS. I'm assuming you have a XT912.

If you have a XT910 look here RAZR XT910 Firmwares SuperThread (Jelly Bean) or sbf.droid-developers.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by faheemakbar18 View Post
Before its battery go zero flash with rsd lite ur region firmware

Tapped from Razr
uhhhh, and suppose my battery WERE to run out...0_0 ...then what?

mcchots
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
uhhhh, and suppose my battery WERE to run out...0_0 ...then what?
Big trouble I've heard.

Just plug it in to the wall charger. If it was off, you will see the large blue battery icon showing it's charging. When you go to fastboot it will also show you "Battery OK". I think that means you have enough charge to flash, but I can't confirm that.

Crimson88
Old
Thanks Meter 35
The big downside of flashing with RSD Lite is it will erase your internal memory.
Phone: XT910
Rom: MIUI v5 (4.1.3)
---
[GUIDE][MIUI] Bypassing 2014 theme policy.

mcchots
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson88 View Post
The big downside of flashing with RSD Lite is it will erase your internal memory.
True.
Will removing the emstorage line in the XML file avoid that? I haven't used RSD Lite in ages, just fastboot with the commands from the XML. I just ignored flashing and erasing emstorage.

Tags
4.4, brick, droid razr, help !, stock rom