5,600,292 Members 37,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 Kitkat Playstore Downloading Issues??

Tip us?

dmw987
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4.4 Kitkat Playstore Downloading Issues??

Hi there

I have recently run into an issue with my Lg Optimus G pro while running Cm11 Kit.Kat. rooted

Basically, while downloading apps or games in the playstore, The downloads run extremely slow. As in they only download a couple KB's as opposed to the other fast downloading with MB's. This problem started recently when I began to download nightlies in Cm11. I don't know what caused this but when I have purchased games and I can't play them because I have to wait over 3 hours for them to download
is really annoying...A long with that I have also noticed that my super user seems to have stopped function. I figured this out when i went to make a backup in titanium back up and it alerted me that something was wrong with my super user. This is the warning from TB "Your SU binary (version 15com.android.settings) is functional but might not work reliably on some 4.3+ roms." I am not sure if I am in need to upgrade my SU somehow but as of right now I do not know. I have seen this issue with on many other threads on different sites, although none of them have actually solved the issue. Of course my LTE speeds are much faster than that of the wifi download speeds. I have tried clearing the playstore cache, did not work, factory reset, did not work, and the wifi optimization turn off, also did not work.

I am not sure of any other options so I have come to XDA, I understand that this site has many different issues to solve just as mine.

I do not wish to annoy anyone with this issue however, if the problem cannot be alleviated then I will simply have to go back to stock or get another device.

thank you

Siddheshmr83
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw987 View Post
Hi there

I have recently run into an issue with my Lg Optimus G pro while running Cm11 Kit.Kat. rooted

Basically, while downloading apps or games in the playstore, The downloads run extremely slow. As in they only download a couple KB's as opposed to the other fast downloading with MB's. This problem started recently when I began to download nightlies in Cm11. I don't know what caused this but when I have purchased games and I can't play them because I have to wait over 3 hours for them to download
is really annoying...A long with that I have also noticed that my super user seems to have stopped function. I figured this out when i went to make a backup in titanium back up and it alerted me that something was wrong with my super user. This is the warning from TB "Your SU binary (version 15com.android.settings) is functional but might not work reliably on some 4.3+ roms." I am not sure if I am in need to upgrade my SU somehow but as of right now I do not know. I have seen this issue with on many other threads on different sites, although none of them have actually solved the issue. Of course my LTE speeds are much faster than that of the wifi download speeds. I have tried clearing the playstore cache, did not work, factory reset, did not work, and the wifi optimization turn off, also did not work.

I am not sure of any other options so I have come to XDA, I understand that this site has many different issues to solve just as mine.

I do not wish to annoy anyone with this issue however, if the problem cannot be alleviated then I will simply have to go back to stock or get another device.

thank you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2499885

hope this helps.......

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw987 View Post
Hi there

thank you
try these.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2228584