Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] N7100 - Working and stable call reception

OP thasnes

15th January 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #11  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 81

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thasnes

Yeah, I use everything ... I created the folder, though.. And when I used the app "Hidden settings for Note 2" it created a file called others.xml.. That means I don't have the other files. Where can I find these?

i see that u use aosb.. i never use that rom and see inside of the rom. maybe tomorrow i'll download it to see. all of stock or custom stock rom use csc files
15th January 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I thought I could search for the modem for my country, as sawdoctor said, and found this page.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=NEE#firmware

It's only 4.3, but it actually worked much better on 4.4.2! Not as much as it can, so I will try to flash the stock 4.3 firmware first, and maybe the CSC folder will appear when I install a 4.4.2 rom. I guess I will try another one than ProBAM this time, because I couldn't send sms with it.. (Maybe that has something to do with the csc folder being gone?)
Last edited by thasnes; 16th January 2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: updated link
16th January 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Talking solved sms problem
I manage to solve my problem with sending sms messages.. It just didn't work in any rom, firmware or stock .. (Message not sent ... failed) So I found the answer here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1060826

"open up Messaging, hit menu, and choose Settings. Change the field for "Message centre" to your carrier's number."

And I could also say that the calling problem is kinda solved.. The right 4.3 modem on 4.3 works, but 4.3 modem on 4.4.2 works like 90%... When in 2G mode.. = liveable.
Last edited by thasnes; 16th January 2014 at 05:26 PM.
29th January 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
4.4.2 modem??
After using 4.4.2 for a while, I realize that the 4.3 modem doesn't compare that well with KitKat 4.4.2.

Is there a working (nordic) modem for n7100 running 4.4.2 out there? Does anyone know??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread