Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N7100 - Working and stable call reception

Tip us?

chobztopz
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by thasnes View Post
Yeah, I use everything ... I created the folder, though.. And when I used the app "Hidden settings for Note 2" it created a file called others.xml.. That means I don't have the other files. Where can I find these?
i see that u use aosb.. i never use that rom and see inside of the rom. maybe tomorrow i'll download it to see. all of stock or custom stock rom use csc files

thasnes
Old
(Last edited by thasnes; 16th January 2014 at 01:22 PM.) Reason: updated link
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I thought I could search for the modem for my country, as sawdoctor said, and found this page.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=NEE#firmware

It's only 4.3, but it actually worked much better on 4.4.2! Not as much as it can, so I will try to flash the stock 4.3 firmware first, and maybe the CSC folder will appear when I install a 4.4.2 rom. I guess I will try another one than ProBAM this time, because I couldn't send sms with it.. (Maybe that has something to do with the csc folder being gone?)

thasnes
Old
(Last edited by thasnes; 16th January 2014 at 04:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking solved sms problem

I manage to solve my problem with sending sms messages.. It just didn't work in any rom, firmware or stock .. (Message not sent ... failed) So I found the answer here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1060826

"open up Messaging, hit menu, and choose Settings. Change the field for "Message centre" to your carrier's number."

And I could also say that the calling problem is kinda solved.. The right 4.3 modem on 4.3 works, but 4.3 modem on 4.4.2 works like 90%... When in 2G mode.. = liveable.

thasnes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4.4.2 modem??

After using 4.4.2 for a while, I realize that the 4.3 modem doesn't compare that well with KitKat 4.4.2.

Is there a working (nordic) modem for n7100 running 4.4.2 out there? Does anyone know??