5,605,311 Members 39,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia ZL C6502 Red light no boot at all !!!

Tip us?

giggso11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia ZL C6502 Red light no boot at all !!!

Dear XDA Developers,
I have a Xperia ZL C6502 bought it 6 months ago it is a very good device for me it's the best phone i ever had buuuut 2 weeks ago i faced the Sleep Of Death (SOD) issue and the first weeks it was shown nothing when i connect it but after few days the light indicator started to work and it shown solid RED and there's no vibrates when i tried to hold the power, I have tried all the buttons tricks (Vol UP + Power, Vol Down + Power, both Vol +Power) it's shown nothing?? when connect it to the PC the PC reads it as USB Device.
I tried Yesterday Sony SUS and it cannot see the phone is connected??

Could please help me

mackien95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Try to push the Yellow OFF button behind the sim cover until the phone vibrates 3 times and see what it does.

giggso11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I have tried that before an it's not working?? it's not even vibrate

renzzoman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggso11 View Post
Yes I have tried that before an it's not working?? it's not even vibrate
have you try to connect it with wall charger? If the phone works normally when you plug the charger than you have a sudden death issue because of battery defect. the only way out for sudden death is to replace the battery. If you still have a warranty just try to claim it, you'll get a new battery replacement for free.

SONY XPERIA ZL C 6502
JB 4.3

giggso11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by renzzoman View Post
have you try to connect it with wall charger? If the phone works normally when you plug the charger than you have a sudden death issue because of battery defect. the only way out for sudden death is to replace the battery. If you still have a warranty just try to claim it, you'll get a new battery replacement for free.
Dear renzzoman
I Connect it to a wall charger and I tried iPad charger since it's give different values more than standard wall charger and IT'S the SAME is there any thing that i can do from my side ??
and Yes i took it to a Sony repair center and 1st they said that they can't repair it under the warranty because I bought it from Baghdad and the repair center in Erbil and i have to go to Baghdad to repair it!!! they act like *#*$$*(@#@ and 2nd they don't have now the spare parts to fix it

giggso11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Dear All,
I opened my Xperia ZL back Cover and as you can see in the attachment, and when I Connect it to the USB and remove the power cable (R2C5) the phone works and it shows Sony logo then it's restart and it keeps doing that is there anyone here know about the chipset of ZL phone??

bhavstech
Old
Thanks Meter 157
try to flash stock ftf file via flash tool,if problem is still there take it to service centre it may be a motherboard crash they will fix it

yotikmol
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Try this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggso11 View Post
Dear XDA Developers,
I have a Xperia ZL C6502 bought it 6 months ago it is a very good device for me it's the best phone i ever had buuuut 2 weeks ago i faced the Sleep Of Death (SOD) issue and the first weeks it was shown nothing when i connect it but after few days the light indicator started to work and it shown solid RED and there's no vibrates when i tried to hold the power, I have tried all the buttons tricks (Vol UP + Power, Vol Down + Power, both Vol +Power) it's shown nothing?? when connect it to the PC the PC reads it as USB Device.
I tried Yesterday Sony SUS and it cannot see the phone is connected??

Could please help me
1)Try to push the power button, if it will light red 3x proceed to next step. 2) open pc companion> support>repair>choose device model> connect device, just plug it in while holding the volume down until the pc companion recognized your device then release it, after finish try to boot up your phone, advise don't turn off your device again, if still unable to boot up after the repair, push the reset button at the back until it vibrate 1st(1 vibrate) 2nd(3 vibrates) then just leave your device in one corner for 2 days untouched, then plug in to your wall charger wait for 1 hour without touching any button then boot it up, i do this all the time on my xperia zl after every firmware update, I'm kinda sick of doing this but i need to, i still have 3 more month for me to go back home and get a nexus 5 as replacement phone, so disappointed to my zl, i love this phone allot!
I hope this works!

toscapaul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having a similar issue .. better described here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=231
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=238

what works to revive my phone is letting the battery fully discharge until phone no longer boots ... then if i press power i get three red blinks to connect the phone to charger ... after a few minutes of charging the phone boots normally whatever rom ( stock or custom ) i have installed.

i am still checking into the issue ... it seems like a hw failure to me and will try to send it to warranty

you may try that in case all the things you have tried so far are failing