No registration required

Just exchanged my LG G2 for the Z1s. Here are my first impressions

OP robamacaf

23rd January 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 12

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187

Ever since I joined T Mobile I personally stop flashing ROMs due to the fact I need wifi calling. As long as we have root I'm happy. I'm dying to remove the Navi bars on the bottom and start using pie control

Hi, I thought pie controls were only on the AOSP roms! Is there somewhere i can find the standalone pie function and flash with root?

thanks!
23rd January 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #32  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 866

2,970 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pham077

Hi, I thought pie controls were only on the AOSP roms! Is there somewhere i can find the standalone pie function and flash with root?

thanks!

Look for LMT LAUNCHER. You can use it without root but I'm fortunately to remove the Navi bars you need to be rooted.

Sent from my Xperia Z1s
23rd January 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 138

777 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robamacaf

Everything was already installed/synced/etc. I have had many phones over the months and no phone came close to sucking as bad as this did in the battery department right out of the gate.

Well, then you should have give it at least 10 charge/discharge cycles before trying another. A battery that has been exposed to heat is not going to work too well. But all you did was one or maybe two and then gave up.

Quote:

I can also give you sources if you'd like of reports on battery life where z1 came close to last on every one. In fact, I searched the interwebs for almost 2 hours and not a single battery report actually gave the Z1/z1s anywhere above average. They were all below average if not the worst around compared to modern phones

There are plenty of sources here that will refute them wholesale. It ain't the battery.

So what happened ? t-mobile gives you just one day before they lock you into a 2 yr contract. It was too risky to wait longer and be stuck with it.

You can trade things in easy, the international lot are pretty much stuck with whatever we buy. And we buy the damn thing retail, no contract. A major decision.

So what are left with it now ? the note 3. there will be themed roms but no AOSP. I dumped samsung because exynos has even less development and i'm not a fan of this KNOX business. How dev friendly will that be.

That leaves you with the nexus 5. Decent camera. tweak heaven.
Last edited by One Twelve; 23rd January 2014 at 11:32 PM.
24th January 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #34  

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187

Look for LMT LAUNCHER. You can use it without root but I'm fortunately to remove the Navi bars you need to be rooted.

Sent from my Xperia Z1s

Thanks so much for that! I finally bothered to root the phone ... will try this today

Thanks again!
26th January 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #35  
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 324

649 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks so much for that! I finally bothered to root the phone ... will try this today

Thanks again!

Am I understanding you right?, you did root your Z1s?? Can you tell me what method you used and point me in the right direction? I'm dying for root but I haven't seen anything about it for the Z1s.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibkevin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 19

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin

Am I understanding you right?, you did root your Z1s?? Can you tell me what method you used and point me in the right direction? I'm dying for root but I haven't seen anything about it for the Z1s.

Yes, please share

Sent From The -Mobile Sony Xperia Z1s
28th January 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #37  
Flag Wyoming

649 posts
More
So how bout that root method? Can you please share?

28th January 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #38  

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin

So how bout that root method? Can you please share?

Sorry for the confusion, I have a Z1 lol

I didn't even realise shook had the Z1s, sorry guys!
28th January 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #39  
Flag Wyoming

649 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry for the confusion, I have a Z1 lol

I didn't even realise shook had the Z1s, sorry guys!

No problem man, thanks for clearing that up though. I didn't think we got root yet on the Z1s

29th January 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #40  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 26

146 posts
More
Must be an exception
Quote:

Everything was already installed/synced/etc. I have had many phones over the months and no phone came close to sucking as bad as this did in the battery department right out of the gate. I can also give you sources if you'd like of reports on battery life where z1 came close to last on every one. In fact, I searched the interwebs for almost 2 hours and not a single battery report actually gave the Z1/z1s anywhere above average. They were all below average if not the worst around compared to modern phones

I think some thing must be wrong (maybe there is an app that is misbehaving). I have everything on - 3g, wifi, gps etc., and 5 different pedometer apps that are always on. I get almost two days of battery...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread