Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just exchanged my LG G2 for the Z1s. Here are my first impressions

Tip us?
 
pham077
Old
#31  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 View Post
Ever since I joined T Mobile I personally stop flashing ROMs due to the fact I need wifi calling. As long as we have root I'm happy. I'm dying to remove the Navi bars on the bottom and start using pie control
Hi, I thought pie controls were only on the AOSP roms! Is there somewhere i can find the standalone pie function and flash with root?

thanks!
 
shook187
Old
#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 808
Posts: 2,816
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Haverhill MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pham077 View Post
Hi, I thought pie controls were only on the AOSP roms! Is there somewhere i can find the standalone pie function and flash with root?

thanks!
Look for LMT LAUNCHER. You can use it without root but I'm fortunately to remove the Navi bars you need to be rooted.

Sent from my Xperia Z1s
 
One Twelve
Old
(Last edited by One Twelve; 23rd January 2014 at 10:32 PM.)
#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 672
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robamacaf View Post
Everything was already installed/synced/etc. I have had many phones over the months and no phone came close to sucking as bad as this did in the battery department right out of the gate.
Well, then you should have give it at least 10 charge/discharge cycles before trying another. A battery that has been exposed to heat is not going to work too well. But all you did was one or maybe two and then gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robamacaf View Post
I can also give you sources if you'd like of reports on battery life where z1 came close to last on every one. In fact, I searched the interwebs for almost 2 hours and not a single battery report actually gave the Z1/z1s anywhere above average. They were all below average if not the worst around compared to modern phones
There are plenty of sources here that will refute them wholesale. It ain't the battery.

So what happened ? t-mobile gives you just one day before they lock you into a 2 yr contract. It was too risky to wait longer and be stuck with it.

You can trade things in easy, the international lot are pretty much stuck with whatever we buy. And we buy the damn thing retail, no contract. A major decision.

So what are left with it now ? the note 3. there will be themed roms but no AOSP. I dumped samsung because exynos has even less development and i'm not a fan of this KNOX business. How dev friendly will that be.

That leaves you with the nexus 5. Decent camera. tweak heaven.
 
pham077
Old
#34  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 View Post
Look for LMT LAUNCHER. You can use it without root but I'm fortunately to remove the Navi bars you need to be rooted.

Sent from my Xperia Z1s
Thanks so much for that! I finally bothered to root the phone ... will try this today

Thanks again!
 
Ibkevin
Old
#35  
Ibkevin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 637
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by pham077 View Post
Thanks so much for that! I finally bothered to root the phone ... will try this today

Thanks again!
Am I understanding you right?, you did root your Z1s?? Can you tell me what method you used and point me in the right direction? I'm dying for root but I haven't seen anything about it for the Z1s.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibkevin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fatannasty
Old
#36  
fatannasty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 252
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin View Post
Am I understanding you right?, you did root your Z1s?? Can you tell me what method you used and point me in the right direction? I'm dying for root but I haven't seen anything about it for the Z1s.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Yes, please share

Sent From The -Mobile Sony Xperia Z1s
 
Ibkevin
Old
#37  
Ibkevin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 637
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
So how bout that root method? Can you please share?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
 
pham077
Old
#38  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin View Post
So how bout that root method? Can you please share?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Sorry for the confusion, I have a Z1 lol

I didn't even realise shook had the Z1s, sorry guys!
 
Ibkevin
Old
#39  
Ibkevin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 637
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by pham077 View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I have a Z1 lol

I didn't even realise shook had the Z1s, sorry guys!
No problem man, thanks for clearing that up though. I didn't think we got root yet on the Z1s

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
 
Beautyspin
Old
#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 146
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Default Must be an exception

Quote:
Originally Posted by robamacaf View Post
Everything was already installed/synced/etc. I have had many phones over the months and no phone came close to sucking as bad as this did in the battery department right out of the gate. I can also give you sources if you'd like of reports on battery life where z1 came close to last on every one. In fact, I searched the interwebs for almost 2 hours and not a single battery report actually gave the Z1/z1s anywhere above average. They were all below average if not the worst around compared to modern phones
I think some thing must be wrong (maybe there is an app that is misbehaving). I have everything on - 3g, wifi, gps etc., and 5 different pedometer apps that are always on. I get almost two days of battery...
Sony Xperia Z1 (C6902)
Nokia Lumia 520
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Asus Transformer Prime
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes