Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 46,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weird Issue

Tip us?

s2ss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] Weird Issue

Hi guys! I recieved my 4.2.2 update OTA a couple of weeks ago and since then my facebook icon shows me i have two ghost notifications. I tried reinstalling the app, clearing the app's cache, clearing the phone's cache, but the facebook icon still has a two on it. What can i do to make it look normal?

safariking
Old
Thanks Meter 4,622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2ss View Post
Hi guys! I recieved my 4.2.2 update OTA a couple of weeks ago and since then my facebook icon shows me i have two ghost notifications. I tried reinstalling the app, clearing the app's cache, clearing the phone's cache, but the facebook icon still has a two on it. What can i do to make it look normal?
Hmmm...that is in fact pretty weird because on 4.2.2 notification number icons are not shown on facebook try to wipe the phone *Warning you will loose your data!*
Stockrom's we like stock powerfull and better than ever!

StockROM's Series

Devices:

Tablets: Qware Pro 2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 Yarvik Tablet Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" (Currently)
Phones: Galaxy mini Galaxy Gio Iphone 3G Galaxy S (I9000) Nokia Lumia 610 Huawei ascend Y300 Galaxy S2 Plus (Currently)
Laptop: Compaq Presario CQ56 Toshiba Satellite C855-255
Watch: Sony Smartwatch 2

s2ss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by safariking View Post
Hmmm...that is in fact pretty weird because on 4.2.2 notification number icons are not shown on facebook try to wipe the phone *Warning you will loose your data!*

I feared you'd say that. Isn't there anything else i could try before wiping my phone? And if there isn't any other option, could you please tell me the best soultion to back up the rest of my data (non rooted).

safariking
Old
Thanks Meter 4,622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2ss View Post
I feared you'd say that. Isn't there anything else i could try before wiping my phone? And if there isn't any other option, could you please tell me the best soultion to back up the rest of my data (non rooted).
i actually don't know what you can do about this! wiping only delete apps games and there data! pictures video's contacts etc stay
Stockrom's we like stock powerfull and better than ever!

StockROM's Series

Devices:

Tablets: Qware Pro 2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 Yarvik Tablet Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" (Currently)
Phones: Galaxy mini Galaxy Gio Iphone 3G Galaxy S (I9000) Nokia Lumia 610 Huawei ascend Y300 Galaxy S2 Plus (Currently)
Laptop: Compaq Presario CQ56 Toshiba Satellite C855-255
Watch: Sony Smartwatch 2