[Q] Flashin rom

Search This thread

leomatia

May 21, 2013
Shkoder
When I try to flash Dirty Unicorns 4.4 rom it gets blocked even in CWM & TWRP. What should I do ?

(Sorry for bad english)

Last edited:

AreXe

Jun 3, 2013
LU, Poland
The rom doesn't install . Thanks for help

Tell us something more, what error you get...
Do you have one of latest CWM (like version 6.0.4.5)? (What ROM are you using now?) If not, try installing CM 10.2 first and then 4.4 ROM.

PS. If you have Android =< 4.2 you will get status 7 error on first try when installing Android 4.3+. So after error you have to 'reboot to recovery' and install the ROM again.

Last edited:

shubhkirtisharma

Sep 1, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 6
Follow this:
Reboot into Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Advanced > Wipe dalvik cache
Main menu
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard(internal)
Select your rom zip and confirm
Your phone at this moment may reboot automatically and come into a bootloop or show status 7 error or set_metadata_error so you need to flash the rom again.
Remove battery and reboot into new recovery and then flash the zip.file after that again reboot into recovery wipe everthing and flsah your rom and reboot

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

omreJ

Dec 18, 2013
slim 4.3 > KK always works for me.same for downgrading..KK > slim 4.3

leomatia

May 21, 2013
Shkoder
Tell us something more, what error you get...
Do you have one of latest CWM (like version 6.0.4.5)? (What ROM are you using now?) If not, try installing CM 10.2 first and then 4.4 ROM.

PS. If you have Android =< 4.2 you will get status 7 error on first try when installing Android 4.3+. So after error you have to 'reboot to recovery' and install the ROM again.

I have CWM 6.0.4.5. I'm on Carbon Rom 4.4 and I have done all wipes needed but when I try to flash the rom it doesn't flash and doesn't show any error. It just stays on flash screen :confused:

Last edited:

leomatia

May 21, 2013
Shkoder
Follow this:
Reboot into Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Advanced > Wipe dalvik cache
Main menu
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard(internal)
Select your rom zip and confirm
Your phone at this moment may reboot automatically and come into a bootloop or show status 7 error or set_metadata_error so you need to flash the rom again.
Remove battery and reboot into new recovery and then flash the zip.file after that again reboot into recovery wipe everthing and flsah your rom and reboot

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Done everything and still doesn't flash. It doen't show any error either,it just stays on flash screen :eek:

Cyrd

Jan 2, 2014
Palermo
Then you could try to revert to stock Gb 2.3.6 using Odin and then use the methods described above by AreXe or OmreJ to update 2.3 > 4.4

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app