Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status Bar Icon Changer????

Tip us?

riorancho
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Found the SystemUI.apk folder but can't seem to find the icons, i am looking for. Want to delete the status bar background and change the stock battery, wifi, signal. clock ect..

PS: I am a newbie at this

riorancho
Old
(Last edited by riorancho; 23rd January 2014 at 01:58 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I my be out of my league trying to install a new rom, plus I have a Mac, not Windows PC

findinghomer
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by riorancho View Post
I my be out of my league trying to install a new rom, plus I have a Mac, not Windows PC
Installing a whole new rom is going to be easier and safer than modifying files of your current rom

riorancho
Old
(Last edited by riorancho; 29th January 2014 at 02:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
This is true but being a novice I can't seem to get it right. Soft brick phone and have to restore back up. Tried Viper Rom and I don't know if its normal but take about 1 + minute to boot up. When I 1st did it it got stuck on the boot screen. Some how got out of there. Did a complete wipe and yet all my previous files were on folder on the SD card named "O". None of my paid apps worked. I used Viper DNA 1.3.5. I wish there were better instructions for us dummies!!