Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Status Bar Icon Changer????

OP riorancho

22nd January 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

75 posts
Found the SystemUI.apk folder but can't seem to find the icons, i am looking for. Want to delete the status bar background and change the stock battery, wifi, signal. clock ect..

PS: I am a newbie at this
23rd January 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #12  
OP Member

75 posts
I my be out of my league trying to install a new rom, plus I have a Mac, not Windows PC
Last edited by riorancho; 23rd January 2014 at 01:58 AM.
29th January 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 3

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riorancho

I my be out of my league trying to install a new rom, plus I have a Mac, not Windows PC

Installing a whole new rom is going to be easier and safer than modifying files of your current rom
29th January 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #14  
OP Member

75 posts
This is true but being a novice I can't seem to get it right. Soft brick phone and have to restore back up. Tried Viper Rom and I don't know if its normal but take about 1 + minute to boot up. When I 1st did it it got stuck on the boot screen. Some how got out of there. Did a complete wipe and yet all my previous files were on folder on the SD card named "O". None of my paid apps worked. I used Viper DNA 1.3.5. I wish there were better instructions for us dummies!!
Last edited by riorancho; 29th January 2014 at 02:19 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread