XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LED Notifications dimming while charging

Tip us?

jrtancinco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] LED Notifications dimming while charging

Hi guys, I don't know if this is supposed to be either a feature or a bug, but since I replaced the battery cover from the original Quick Cover folio case (CCF-210) to the non-folio one, everytime I charge the phone the Notifications LED becomes dim as if brightness setting was set to zero. I have the unlocked AT&T E980 model immediately flashed with Panama ROM (full stock, non rooted) since I bought it a month ago. I made a few tests to check if this is a hardware or software issue (if it's an issue at all) and so I did the following:

* Using the non-folio case, when phone is NOT charging, the LED brightness is NORMAL (i set it to 80% brightness)
* Using the non-folio case, when phone is charging, the LED brightness is DIM (as if 0% brightness). I check the settings it's still set at 80%
* Using the Quick Cover case (auto screen off is turned ON), when phone is either charging or not, the LED brightness is NORMAL

Is anybody else experiencing this? Is the phone supposed to do this or not? I'm thinking of hard resetting the phone, but I wanna make sure I'm the only one experiencing this before I do.

jrtancinco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
No response from anyone? I guess I'm alone on this one...

deadenz
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtancinco View Post
Hi guys, I don't know if this is supposed to be either a feature or a bug, but since I replaced the battery cover from the original Quick Cover folio case (CCF-210) to the non-folio one, everytime I charge the phone the Notifications LED becomes dim as if brightness setting was set to zero. I have the unlocked AT&T E980 model immediately flashed with Panama ROM (full stock, non rooted) since I bought it a month ago. I made a few tests to check if this is a hardware or software issue (if it's an issue at all) and so I did the following:

* Using the non-folio case, when phone is NOT charging, the LED brightness is NORMAL (i set it to 80% brightness)
* Using the non-folio case, when phone is charging, the LED brightness is DIM (as if 0% brightness). I check the settings it's still set at 80%
* Using the Quick Cover case (auto screen off is turned ON), when phone is either charging or not, the LED brightness is NORMAL

Is anybody else experiencing this? Is the phone supposed to do this or not? I'm thinking of hard resetting the phone, but I wanna make sure I'm the only one experiencing this before I do.
I do know that when charging your phone there is a setting for the LED to change the colors or disable it, on certain roms. that's the only thing I can say about it.. sorry I wasn't more help
LG G FLEX

jrtancinco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadenz View Post
I do know that when charging your phone there is a setting for the LED to change the colors or disable it, on certain roms. that's the only thing I can say about it.. sorry I wasn't more help
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I tried changing the settings and then testing it again, but the LED keeps on dimming out (dropping to 0% brightness) when I connect the charger. LED works fine & normal when the charger isn't connected. It's nothing that affects performance though, it's just a really weird and annoying behavior.

Since it looks like I'm the only one experiencing this, I'd probably try to hard rest one of these days (when I'm not lazy anymore hehe) and hope it fixes the weird behavior.

xdax1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default how to make it brighter in general

i was gonna ask a similar question, are you saying the notification LED in home button right? Mine is so dim when charging, i can hardly see it, I have seen it much brighter when powering off phone and turning on phone, how can I make it brighter at all?

I am on ROOT E988 version by the way, stock ROM
LG Optimus G Pro E988
Asus TF300TG
Xperia S (Xperia Nexus ROM)
Xperia Neo V (CM9 with NightElf Kernel, overclocked to 1.6GHz)
Archos A70S IT (Open AOS)
Motorola Defy MB525 (MIUI)
Xperia X1 (booting Android)
SE G900i
SE M600i
Dell X50v
Nokia 6600
Sony Clie T615c

CURRENT: LG G Pro, Xperia Neo V, Asus TF300TG

jrtancinco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdax1 View Post
i was gonna ask a similar question, are you saying the notification LED in home button right? Mine is so dim when charging, i can hardly see it, I have seen it much brighter when powering off phone and turning on phone, how can I make it brighter at all?

I am on ROOT E988 version by the way, stock ROM
Yes, that's exactly it. So it's not specific to just the E980 Panama ROM since your experiencing the same on your E988. Same here, I can hardly see the green notification or the red breathing light when the charger is plugged in, especially during daytime. So is this supposed to happen or is it a bug? Do anyone else notice this on your LG OGP?

mandarjoshiin
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtancinco View Post
Yes, that's exactly it. So it's not specific to just the E980 Panama ROM since your experiencing the same on your E988. Same here, I can hardly see the green notification or the red breathing light when the charger is plugged in, especially during daytime. So is this supposed to happen or is it a bug? Do anyone else notice this on your LG OGP?
Its completely normal guys.. I also have my LED notifications dimming while charging..
Hit Thanks if I helped U!!

Phones:

Nokia 1100 ---> Nokia 2310 --> Nokia 5130 & Lava Arc 04--> SE Xperia Arc --> Sony Xperia Z (Sold, Miss it ) --> Fiery Red Nokia Lumia 720(gifted to bro) --> Samsung Galaxy Y (For some days. thankfully ) --> New LG Optimus G Pro (AT&T Unlocked 32 GB version)
The Following User Says Thank You to mandarjoshiin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrtancinco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarjoshiin View Post
Its completely normal guys.. I also have my LED notifications dimming while charging..
Cool!!! Thanks. Saved me from the hassle of doing a factory reset.