Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Proximity sensor error on CM11

Tip us?

androimedan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Proximity sensor error on CM11

I'm running latest cm11 nightly (27Jan) on my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 international version (jfltexx), but noticed the proximity sensor is broken since quite a few nightlies ago.

When I take a call, the screen goes off, but then it never comes back on again until I press the power button, or after a long delay. Checking with cpu-z, the sensor initially detects 0cm when u touch the proximity sensor, but upon lifting finger, it never gives a higher value (usually limit at 8cm). I can't post to the cm11 development thread to get help on this (maybe coz I've not chalked up enough post counts). Any idea on this will be much appreciated, thks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Kriomag
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by androimedan View Post
I'm running latest cm11 nightly (27Jan) on my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 international version (jfltexx), but noticed the proximity sensor is broken since quite a few nightlies ago.

When I take a call, the screen goes off, but then it never comes back on again until I press the power button, or after a long delay. Checking with cpu-z, the sensor initially detects 0cm when u touch the proximity sensor, but upon lifting finger, it never gives a higher value (usually limit at 8cm). I can't post to the cm11 development thread to get help on this (maybe coz I've not chalked up enough post counts). Any idea on this will be much appreciated, thks.

maybe it is dirty? from the inside of glass, i had this, posted how to disassemble S4 and how to clean the sensor and glass from the inside. from 43-51 (avarage sensor value) i got 12-16 and the trigger is 46 (going back from close to far).
I had the same symptoms as you, screen black untli i pressed something.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2354585&page=3
TXT-Blaster

Galaxy S4 I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to Kriomag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androimedan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thks very much! Following the discussion in the link u sent me, I've managed to fix my proximity sensor problem.