NOTE: Flashing YourZgapps will remove all standard GApps .apk files from /system/app and then install the new ones!
Explained function for most of the APKs:
- ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk --- Sync Chrome bookmarks
- ConfigUpdater.apk --- ?
- GenieWidget.apk --- News&Weather
- GmsCore.apk --- Google Play Services
- GoogleBackupTransport.apk --- Handles backup of settings
- GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk --- Sync Google Calendar
- GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk --- Sync Google Contacts
- GoogleFeedback.apk --- Reporting fcs
- GoogleLoginService.apk --- Google login system
- GooglePartnerSetup.apk --- ? Probably in app purchases
- GoogleServicesFramework.apk --- Google login system
- GoogleTTS.apk --- Text to speech
- LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk --- Dictionary provider
- MediaUploader.apk --- Picasa Uploader
- NetworkLocation.apk --- Provides location through towers
- OneTimeInitializer.apk --- ? Should allow which GApps to install
- Phonesky.apk --- Google Play Store
- QuickSearchBox.apk --- Search box widget
- SetupWizard.apk --- Wizard to setup Google Account after clean ROM install
- Talk.apk --- Google Talk
- Talkback.apk --- Accessibility Service that helps blind and vision-impaired users interact with their devices more easily
- VoiceSearchStub.apk --- Voice search
? How to install:
After installing your favorite ROM, follow the steps below to install YourZgapps...
1) Copy YourZgapps zip to sdcard
2) Boot into recovery
3) Wipe cache/dalvik
4) Flash YourZgapps zip from sdcard*
5) Wipe cache/dalvik
6) Reboot system and enjoy!
? How to add back removed APKs:
1) Download it from downloads folder
2) Copy it to /system/app/
3) Check if permissions are rw- r- r- (if not, set them like that)
The Google Nexus 5 is regarded as having everything an Android user needs or wants: timely updates, … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?