5,603,920 Members 41,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DNA bluetooth throughput problem (app development related)

Tip us?

HiBoost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] DNA bluetooth throughput problem (app development related)

This probably isn't the greatest place to post this but I was desperate to find some place with DNA-specific information. I have an app that reads from a bluetooth connection created using createInsecureRfcommSocketToServiceRecord (reads from a serial port UUID). The capsule summary is the paired device is a Garmin GPS that transmits data every second and the bundles are around 2000 bytes.

This should be no problem for a bluetooth connection and as expected it works perfectly on my old Motorola Photon 4G and my Galaxy Tab 10.1. But on my totally stock ROM (4.2.2, Sense 5.0) Droid DNA the throughput starts at the correct 2000 bytes/sec and then like clockwork, falls down to around 500bytes/sec after only 5-6 seconds of being connected. I've tried upping the thread priority plus my app stays in the foreground with the screen on the whole time. Nothing alters the behavior at all. I'm kind of going crazy over here. Any ideas?

Code was provided in this post:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...with-data-rate

Thanks for reading!

HiBoost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I got a chance to test on a second DNA last night and it performed exactly the same as mine. Combined with everything I read about poor bluetooth audio quality on the DNA I'm really starting to think it's a hardware or firmware issue. Does anybody have any other ideas?
Tags
development bluetooth performance