OP Nickston

28th January 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hello,

Recently, I've tried to flash my phone with CM11 ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587481 ), but it got into a bootloop, showing the CM logo with the circling arrow. So, I tried flashing another ROM, still bootloops. Stock ROM, bootloops.

I tried to reformat everything, but formatting in /data and formatting in /sdext comes up with an error:

Code:
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/stl13
Error formatting /data!
Code:
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
Error formatting /sd-ext!
The Dalvik cache won't wipe either, trying to wipe it the screen just flashes slightly and the menu pops back up without a message, implying the Dalvik cache just doesn't exist anymore, I think.

I've googled this situation, browsed the forums for a while, but no one seems to have had this problem, at least no one I know of. There was someone on a HTC One, who claimed that it might've corrupted his partitions and that he had to fix it with ADB. I have no idea how ADB works.

Another option that pops up everywhere without explanation is "Use Odin to flash stock ROM" . I tried that, but Odin doesn't detect my phone, and windows gives an error that the device is unrecognized.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? I am at a loss here. The things I've tried, summarized:

I tried flashing several other ROMs, including stock.
I tried reformatting /data and /sdext, which both gave errors.
I tried reformatting the dalvik cache, but it didn't do so, without giving any message.
I tried flashing stock with Odin, but couldn't, since Odin didn't detect my phone.
I flashed CWM again, without success.
I tried searching for similar problems, but no one seems to have them.
Last edited by Nickston; 28th January 2014 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Spelling check
28th January 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 477

614 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickston

Hello,

Recently, I've tried to flash my phone with CM11 ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587481 ), but it got into a bootloop, showing the CM logo with the circling arrow. So, I tried flashing another ROM, still bootloops. Stock ROM, bootloops.

I tried to reformat everything, but formatting in /data and formatting in /sdext comes up with an error:

Code:
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/stl13
Error formatting /data!
Code:
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
Error formatting /sd-ext!
The Dalvik cache won't wipe either, trying to wipe it the screen just flashes slightly and the menu pops back up without a message, implying the Dalvik cache just doesn't exist anymore, I think.

I've googled this situation, browsed the forums for a while, but no one seems to have had this problem, at least no one I know of. There was someone on a HTC One, who claimed that it might've corrupted his partitions and that he had to fix it with ADB. I have no idea how ADB works.

Another option that pops up everywhere without explanation is "Use Odin to flash stock ROM" . I tried that, but Odin doesn't detect my phone, and windows gives an error that the device is unrecognized.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? I am at a loss here. The things I've tried, summarized:

I tried flashing several other ROMs, including stock.
I tried reformatting /data and /sdext, which both gave errors.
I tried reformatting the dalvik cache, but it didn't do so, without giving any message.
I tried flashing stock with Odin, but couldn't, since Odin didn't detect my phone.
I flashed CWM again, without success.
I tried searching for similar problems, but no one seems to have them.

Flash back cwm5....then wipe/data reset and flash any other rom cm7/9/10/10.1/10.2...cwm 6.0.4.2(something like that) is a must for flashing cm11 which won't allow flashing other versions except cm11...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
28th January 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Haarlem

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh

Flash back cwm5....then wipe/data reset and flash any other rom cm7/9/10/10.1/10.2...cwm 6.0.4.2(something like that) is a must for flashing cm11 which won't allow flashing other versions except cm11...

That's the whole thing. Wiping data doesn't work, and flashing any other rom keeps the bootloop there.
28th January 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #4  

614 posts
Quote:

That's the whole thing. Wiping data doesn't work, and flashing any other rom keeps the bootloop there.

What is your cwm version?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Do this:
Flash cwm 5.zip
Format system,data,cache,sd-ext
Flash rom
Wipe data/factory reset(optional)
Reboot

28th January 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Haarlem

6 posts
More
Quote:

What is your cwm version?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Do this:
Flash cwm 5.zip
Format system,data,cache,sd-ext
Flash rom
Wipe data/factory reset(optional)
Reboot

Version is 5.0.2.6.

Reflashing CWM and installing CM10 was the first thing I tried, I'll do it again right now to see if it makes any difference.

Update: After a really glitchy screen popup and the screen turning a bright lightblue color, I got stuck in the CM9 boot animation.
28th January 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #6  

614 posts
Quote:

Version is 5.0.2.6.

Reflashing CWM and installing CM10 was the first thing I tried, I'll do it again right now to see if it makes any difference.

Update: After a really glitchy screen popup and the screen turning a bright lightblue color, I got stuck in the CM9 boot animation.

Have you flashed cm11 using cwm 5?
Better Flash stock rom using recommended odin version. Use windows 7 and Install samsung usb drivers or kies(don't run kies)...check your usb cable if it doesn't detect even after these steps..be cautious...don't brick your phone..
Last edited by Venkatesh; 28th January 2014 at 04:28 PM.
28th January 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Haarlem

6 posts
More
Quote:

Have you flashed cm11 using cwm 5?
Better Flash stock rom using recommended odin version. Use windows 7 and Install samsung usb drivers or kies(don't run kies)...check your usb cable if it doesn't detect even after these steps..be cautious...don't brick your phone..

Yeah, I flashed CM11 using CWM 5. I'll see if it can detect my phone after I installed Kies. I tried installing standalone USB drivers first, but it didn't give any installation window. I'll try Odin again after that, and I'll give you word when I did it.

UPDATE: Odin now doesn't detect my phone at all anymore. Can't flash stock rom via Odin. I'll try my laptop now.
Last edited by Nickston; 28th January 2014 at 05:26 PM.
29th January 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #8  

614 posts
You cannot flash cm11 using cwm5, you need cwm6 to flash it(is it maclaw cm11)...grab a pc running windows 7, install kies, get odin 4.38 and cooper.ops files and your conutry's stock rom, goto download mode, flash it..follow a sticky thread in your ace section...even if it doesn't detect your phone, try opening odin with administrative permissions....even after this doesn't help check your cable, might be a faulty one....last option- goto samsung service center
Last edited by Venkatesh; 29th January 2014 at 04:20 AM.
29th January 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Haarlem

6 posts
More
Quote:

You cannot flash cm11 using cwm5, you need cwm6 to flash it(is it maclaw cm11)...grab a pc running windows 7, install kies, get odin 4.38 and cooper.ops files and your conutry's stock rom, goto download mode, flash it..follow a sticky thread in your ace section...even if it doesn't detect your phone, try opening odin with administrative permissions....even after this doesn't help check your cable, might be a faulty one....last option- goto samsung service center

I think our stories are crossing each other a bit here.

At first I tried to flash CM11 with CWM5, which caused the bootlooping to happen. After that, I could not format /data, /sd-ext or the dalvik cache. Now, I cannot flash ANYTHING without entering a bootloop, and Odin does not recognize my phone at all. Tried three cables, another additional computer running 7, it just won't show up. Gave a call to service center, said they won't be able to help me, since it's been over three years since I bought it, which sounded a bit weird.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread