Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Windows will not recognize Note 3 anymore, help please!

OP pmt223

29th January 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kingston, NY
Thanks Meter: 5

52 posts
More
Hey guys,
Just recently, my PC and any other PC Ive tried for that matter will not recognize my Note 3. I had Windows 7 and it worked fine for months, then just the other day it came up on the bottom as USB Device Not Recognized, and no matter what I do it will not do so. Yesterday, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and still the same result. I have installed Kies 3, uninstalled and resintalled Samsung drivers and still nothing. I am running a custom rom in the stock slot using Safestrap...is it possible that that might have messed up something? Even when the cord is plugged into the PC, the phone doesnt come up with anything notification that it's plugged in, but it does say it is charging. If any of you have any tips or something please help because I am at my wits end.

Thanks
29th January 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Right here... Right now
Thanks Meter: 312

414 posts
Have you tried with another cord?

Computer doesn't see device... Device doesn't detect plug in... Sounds like a bad USB cord
29th January 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kingston, NY

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck

Have you tried with another cord?

Computer doesn't see device... Device doesn't detect plug in... Sounds like a bad USB cord

Yes, actually I have and still nothing...forgot to mention that in the original post.

It's a strange problem which leads me to believe that something has gone wrong in the phone, or that I caused something to go wrong by flashing a rom or three, since it did work previously. Unfortunately, I'm at status: Custom, although my Knox is 0x0.
29th January 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 230

1,369 posts
More
When you dial ##366633# is it disabled?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
29th January 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Kingston, NY

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiking713

When you dial ##366633# is it disabled?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Yes, this shows as disabled. What should this be?
29th January 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 821

2,148 posts
Can't help you solve your problem, but last night I had a hiccup where I plugged my (17 day old) N3 into my computer in a USB2 port and ... nothing at all. (As if it were electrically disconnected - no "unknown devices" showing)

Tried it in a different USB2 port, and ... nothing.

Tried in in a USB 3.0 port - same computer, same OEM cord - and everything was fine. As far as I knew, nothing had changed on either end of things, although the previous evening I had used a different OTG cable for a USB key with the phone, and I had also had a automatic update of the Samsung Push Service on the phone. Nothing had been plugged into the PC's usb ports since it's prior cold boot. (Win 7 x64 Pro).

This morning (both PC and phone have been rebooted), everything is back to normal - both on the phone and the PC. Both the USB2 and USB3 ports all seem fine.

Ugh. Makes me nervous - brand new hardware.
1st February 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

42 posts
More
Boot into Odin mode THEN plug the device in, let windows find the drivers for it then once that's done, reboot the phone regularly and see if it works then. It appears to be an issue with most to ALL Samsung devices, but this worked for my wife's galaxy S3 when the computer wouldn't recognize it and the phone didn't detect a PC connection.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krazie316 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmt223

Hey guys,
Just recently, my PC and any other PC Ive tried for that matter will not recognize my Note 3. I had Windows 7 and it worked fine for months, then just the other day it came up on the bottom as USB Device Not Recognized, and no matter what I do it will not do so. Yesterday, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and still the same result. I have installed Kies 3, uninstalled and resintalled Samsung drivers and still nothing. I am running a custom rom in the stock slot using Safestrap...is it possible that that might have messed up something? Even when the cord is plugged into the PC, the phone doesnt come up with anything notification that it's plugged in, but it does say it is charging. If any of you have any tips or something please help because I am at my wits end.

Thanks

Did you fix this problem?
14th June 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #9  
Flag Belém

37 posts
More
Thank you! Worked perfectly!
23rd September 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I have the same problem, do you have any solutions ? Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread