XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [URGENT] Need Help For my DEAD TF701

Tip us?

Silverseraph
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneyEricsson View Post
Sure buddy I will be reading xda before installing any updates from now on!!! Thats really bad ASUS pushed this update out that gets owners of the TF701T stuck on the Splash Screen after updating.
Haha funny , same problem for the UK devices too (i see youŽre from London?)? OMG!

IŽm a german user and a bunch of peopole here also had this kind of issue after they did the last update from 4.3 to any newer release, since 27th dezember 2013 thereŽs no valid reply from ASUS and (for my understanding) the invalid software update is still on the servers and get sent to the EU users (...).

@ XDA: do you know, where i could find out the local storage where on my device the *.zip (or what ever) is saved, so that i could manually delete it? To make sure iŽll receive a newer one in future? Or did this (incorrect 250,8MB file) will be replaced by the newer one?

Regards
Silver

Snah001
Old
Thanks Meter 1111
Try the root of your internal sdcard or in the download folder.

Sent from my Asus Infinity TF700 with Dock
1 x ONE M8 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

xistentz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default where can i delete this file

Hi guys,

i've got the same issue, sent the device to the service and replaced a part of it, but because they've went over the 15 days period where they should have send it back ( fixed or not) I got a new one.

i updated to 4.3 and this time again i got prompted to install the crap update, but i didn't. Now i want to delete this file but i can't find it. if my kid or someone else will accidentally say OK to the update i'm back to older version ( at the best) .

so will be highly appreciated if anybody will provide a solution to remove this file.

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah001 View Post
Try the root of your internal sdcard or in the download folder.

Sent from my Asus Infinity TF700 with Dock

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11272

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistentz View Post
Hi guys,

i've got the same issue, sent the device to the service and replaced a part of it, but because they've went over the 15 days period where they should have send it back ( fixed or not) I got a new one.

i updated to 4.3 and this time again i got prompted to install the crap update, but i didn't. Now i want to delete this file but i can't find it. if my kid or someone else will accidentally say OK to the update i'm back to older version ( at the best) .

so will be highly appreciated if anybody will provide a solution to remove this file.

thx
It'll be on the cache partition, which you can only access from the stock recovery - you'll need to boot to nthe boot loader, choose rck and mess around with power and volume up / down until the menu appears. Then choose wipe cache. But it will come back when you next check for an update......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development