Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Locking screen - Loses Network Connection

Tip us?

xelin0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Locking screen - Loses Network Connection

Since installing Android 4.4 roms that are based on AOSP, every time i lock my phone, my network connection drops.

The only way to restore this is to go into settings -> Wireless & Networking More... -> Mobile Networks -> Network operators, and either automatically or manually select my provider. This has happened on 2 different suppliers (giffgaff(O2) and Three) so is definitely an error with the phone.

If I lock the screen again the connection is once again dropped and I have to repeat the steps above to get it back.

Is this an issue anyone has come across, if so please help, its led me to flash multiple different operating systems, change carrier, and now make my fingers want to take on my hair in a game of tug of war.

Any help appreciated

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1850

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelin0 View Post
Since installing Android 4.4 roms that are based on AOSP, every time i lock my phone, my network connection drops.

The only way to restore this is to go into settings -> Wireless & Networking More... -> Mobile Networks -> Network operators, and either automatically or manually select my provider. This has happened on 2 different suppliers (giffgaff(O2) and Three) so is definitely an error with the phone.

If I lock the screen again the connection is once again dropped and I have to repeat the steps above to get it back.

Is this an issue anyone has come across, if so please help, its led me to flash multiple different operating systems, change carrier, and now make my fingers want to take on my hair in a game of tug of war.

Any help appreciated

Flash a 4.3 modem mate and you can find it from here and check the modem that base from your country/Provider here and flash it via odin

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xelin0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thankyou! worked instantly