Update Status in PCC

OP Geoffxx

29th January 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

358 posts
So I connect my phone over wifi to my laptop for file transfers etc but also the added bonus of being able to check the update status of the phone without the need for USB connection

Currently when I connect over wifi the update status is no longer there only with USB - has anyone else noticed this change

I seem to remember an update to PCC about 10 days ago and could well be when this happened
29th January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #2  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
It's not happen to me because I got Updates with USB only. Maybe the phone was pupping up via WiFi that you get a update last time you connected it via USB then disappear. Anyway to me is normal because what you do with a update via WiFi, nothing, so when you connect the USB the PCC read into your phone and show you the update which you can execute directly or not.
29th January 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

358 posts
up to about a week or ten days ago I could pair my Z1 (Ultra and Z also) with my laptop over wifi - this allows you to transfer files - and check the update status with PCC, it does not allow you to do the update or perform backups you need USB connection for that (not obvious until you actually try it)

The screen when connected over wifi in PCC looked exactly the same as it does with USB, top left corner identifies the device and below that the update status - usually with the message "Your device is up to date" in blue.......This has now gone, the line below the device identity is blank over wifi - when connected with USB it shows the firmware status as it should

What I'm trying to figure out is if this issue is just with my current setup so that I can investigate or is everyone having the same issue

The downside is that I now have to connect the USB to the computer to check if there are updates which is quite frankly annoying

I would be eternally greatful if someone can confirm

BTW connecting with my laptop over wifi was pretty handy, anyone needing a guild on how to do this please request
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread