[Q] EFS Pro Problem

Tip us?

themadba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Default [Q] EFS Pro Problem

Hello all,

I'm having difficulty trying to run EFS Pro v2.0.70/v2.0.72 to backup my EFS folder on my GT-I9505. I get stuck at the part when it says "Initializing ADB server..." and it just sits there. I just want to point out that I had made a backup of my EFS folder on my GT-I9505 when I first got my phone (around May), but it seems to have been deleted! Anyway, I found some good steps in another thread, as follows:

Before starting, check the following:
  • Device is fully rooted
  • SuperSU (or equivalent) is active
  • USB debugging is ON (Settings->More->About device: Tap several times on "Build number" to enable Developer options and tick USB debugging)
  • Busybox downloaded AND installed (normal or smart) on your device
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed on your PC
  • Samsung USB driver is installed (either by installing Kies or just the driver alone.
  • Kies is not active (neither as application nor process, check Windows Taskmanager)
  • ADB fully functional ("adb devices" recognises your phone) -- (look here for a basic ADB tutorial/how to)
  • In case ADB is not running you need to install the ADB driver
  • Run EFS Professional as administrator.
  • Make sure to grant SuperSU access to Shell and confirm the RSA fingerprint request once they pop up on your screen.
  • Of course, your device should be on the home screen, not on the lock screen

I've followed all these steps, checking each methodically, and guess what, I'm still stuck at "initializing ADB server..."! I even go to cmd and type in "adb devices" and my phone shows up, I see on my phone that a shell has been granted, and yes, I am rooted, I have busybox, and Samsung drivers, .NET 4.0 framework and USB debugging, it's driving me mad, I've even tried different USB ports, and nothing!

If anyone has any suggestions, please fire away!
Current Device's: Samsung Galaxy S IV, Asus Nexus 7, iPad 3
Retired Devices: Samsung Galaxy S2

If I answered your question or helped in any way, please click the Thanks" button. It only takes a second!

My threads:
Guide to rooting the SGS2
Saga of a CM Exynos4 Device Maintainer

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

RzR_Pali
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the exact same problem, but with my S3 (I9300) ...

No one who can help?

Truckermal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did you get sorted my i9505 is the same and I have two phones but one wont work..