Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N7000 hang on Samsung logo, can i still backup all data inside?

Tip us?

touji
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default N7000 hang on Samsung logo, can i still backup all data inside?

dear all...

my Note N7000 has never been restarted for a long time and i never pull the battery out, and today because i need to take out the simcard, i turn off and pull out the battery, afterwards it just turn ON and halt/hang at Samsung logo, i waited for hours and it still can't boot up and access the menu...

i never root the phone, is there any chance that i can root, and somehow gain access to backup all the stuffs i had inside? phonebook, sms, calendar, note, and the internal storage photos, etc...

thanks

forest1971
Old
Thanks Meter 1490
You need to know which rom version you have been running, jb or ics. Then need to be able to boot into recovery. Then you need to have an sdcard so that you can load files on it using PC. If all yes, then you can download and put a suitable PhilZ kernel version, zip file matching your rom, into the sdcard. Then you can use stock recovery to flash that PhilZ kernel. Then you have a good chance to get your phobe working normally again. Else, more actions will be needed. Still, you should also read some sticky threads to learn how to manage custom rom, root,etc...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

touji
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i'm a new on this so i need a guidance step by step....
i don't have to flash cwm recovery? just use original recovery can do the repair? now i'm on ICS, i already flash it to 4.1.2 and the menu still won't open up, i flash it back to 4.0.4 using odin, and still hang on samsung logo, i did this because i have another Note with 4.0.4 and i flash it to 4.1.2 the data inside the phone is still intact so i guess flashing it to another version did not touch the data section of the phone...

any suggestions to revive this set without factory reset using recovery ? actually i need the addressbook, sms, notes, besides the data on emmc...