Post Reply

Kitkat faster after a few days

OP michaelopolis

28th January 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I may be imagining things but I get the impression on my phone that kitKat runs better after at least a few days use and after booting the phone a few times. Battery life, performance are excellent for me, better than when I first started using it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #2  
theoneofgod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
669 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Things get cached, etc, so it's not surprising.
28th January 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #3  
Member
Flag Padua, Italy
Thanks Meter: 8
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Not the same for me. I've found KK update slower and more sluggish. It also uses more RAM than JB 4.3.
I think (but I'm not sure about that) GELauncher is causing this.
28th January 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andpizzolato

Not the same for me. I've found KK update slower and more sluggish. It also uses more RAM than JB 4.3.
I think (but I'm not sure about that) GELauncher is causing this.

I found kit kat laggines and slower than 4.3 too! What can we do? I did hard reset but nothing

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #5  
OctoberNexus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boulder, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 20
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andpizzolato

Not the same for me. I've found KK update slower and more sluggish. It also uses more RAM than JB 4.3.
I think (but I'm not sure about that) GELauncher is causing this.

Well remove the Google Experience Launcher since it doesn't come on any devices except the Nexus 5 currently.

Sent from my Nexus 5
29th January 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Padua, Italy
Thanks Meter: 8
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast

I found kit kat laggines and slower than 4.3 too! What can we do? I did hard reset but nothing

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Nothing atm. I'm currently running CM11 unofficial mod and it is insanely great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberNexus

Well remove the Google Experience Launcher since it doesn't come on any devices except the Nexus 5 currently.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Will try that, I'm currently using CM11 with Launcher3. I'm stick with it atm.
29th January 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andpizzolato

Nothing atm. I'm currently running CM11 unofficial mod and it is insanely great.


Will try that, I'm currently using CM11 with Launcher3. I'm stick with it atm.

Launcher3? It is possible to install it as apk?

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Padua, Italy
Thanks Meter: 8
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast

Launcher3? It is possible to install it as apk?

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I think it's this one (the icon is the same): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...qine.launcher3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G General by ThreadRank