Ask a question

No registration required

Soft button screen off

OP 2545

29th January 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 140

389 posts
I'm on android 4.3 and noticed that it no longer has a soft screen off button on my notification pull down menu. I loved this feature on my previous ROM since it saves me from using the hard home or power buttons.

I looked through google play store but was unable to find an app. I don't need it to lock but to just turn off the screen.

Any suggestions please?
30th January 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,555

2,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2545

I'm on android 4.3 and noticed that it no longer has a soft screen off button on my notification pull down menu. I loved this feature on my previous ROM since it saves me from using the hard home or power buttons.

I looked through google play store but was unable to find an app. I don't need it to lock but to just turn off the screen.

Any suggestions please?

How did you turn the screen back on ???

You could use something like power toggles, add the toggles that locks screen, then go to lock screen and set it to none.

That worked for me. I just tried it. Not sure if that's really what you are looking for.....

That turns off the screen, and pressing home button or power button turns screen back on.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 634

1,078 posts
Did you look at "Screen Off and Lock" in PlayStore? I think it had ability to add screen off in dropdown notification.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoctorQMM For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread