Issue to capture hdmi because it's hdcp protected

Search This thread

shortcut1190

Dec 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I'm owner of Nvidia Shield and a Avermedia live gamer HD so i've trying to do something to capture stuff with a mini-hdmi cable but i got an error about the Shield is HDCP restricted.
I Mean : Everywhere: dashboard, emulator, games, ...

There isn't a lot of discussion about that but somes (here) say there is not hdpc ... i'm here to warn you about that.

I just buy a hdmi active splitter who normally bypass this protection, i'll keep you informed.

--> If you have any suggestion for desactivate this protection directly inside android it can help (it's cheaper... )

Have a nice day

ShortCuT

HobsonA

Dec 26, 2011
Albany
Hi Everyone,

I'm owner of Nvidia Shield and a Avermedia live gamer HD so i've trying to do something to capture stuff with a mini-hdmi cable but i got an error about the Shield is HDCP restricted.

There isn't a lot of discussion about that but somes (here) say there is not hdpc ... i'm here to warn you about that.

I just buy a hdmi active splitter who normally bypass this protection, i'll keep you informed.

--> If you have any suggestion for desactivate this protection directly inside android it can help (it's cheaper... )

Have a nice day

ShortCuT

Yea I'm also curious about this I used to be able to record my shield without any HDCP problems in anything then at some point something must have switched something on the shield and it cant be recorded in any shape through HDMI even after reboot without opening any apps.

Failrunner

Aug 19, 2012
Yea I'm also curious about this I used to be able to record my shield without any HDCP problems in anything then at some point something must have switched something on the shield and it cant be recorded in any shape through HDMI even after reboot without opening any apps.

I can capture it with the pvr 2 and the rocket with no issues. Here is some footage I recorded with the pvr rocket.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW2VQWfFiQ4

Last edited:

Neodreamer24

Nov 17, 2008
I have the avermedia live game portable and I can't stream or rec because it says me it's protected... The only possibility that I found was using split x and capture all pc screen when I watch shield on it... But if it's posible to capture directly or stream it, please help me too

jy8a8e3y.jpg

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shortcut1190

Dec 13, 2012
I solved it with an HDMI active splitter like this : "HDMI 1x2 Splitter Verteiler Full-HD 1 IN 2 OUT für 3D 1080P HDTV PC"

They remove HDCP Prorection

My first vidéo on Shield (French) Youtube : akhJrDc6BFI
@Failrunner : probably your pvr recorder have a embeded feature to remove hdcp

TriRozhka

Dec 12, 2014
Ive patched recentral.exe and now its able to capture HDCP content. No more chinese "magic" splitters.
PM me to get link (forum limitations).
You can feedback about errors and bugs you met using my file.

PS Its about 62 MB cause there are full installer and firmware included.

videokahuna

Mar 10, 2015
Although it's been awhile were you able to get the Avermedia Live Gamer Portable to capture nVidia Shield Portable output? Any tip on a different cable or adapter would help.

Thanks Jack Z.

Hi Everyone,

Have a nice day

ShortCuT