5,814,863 Members 47,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I believe i found a bug...L520 Gdr3.....

Tip us?

Amadeus01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default I believe i found a bug...L520 Gdr3.....

During the snowfal this morning i was filming with my L520.
Instead of closing the camera, i closed the flipcover and put the little Phone back in my jacket........yes the cam was stil running.
After a while i discovered my error and switcht it of.
No problem.............until i looked ad the video.
The video had trouble playing after 18 minutes of playtime, it froze after exact 18 minutes.
My first action was a reboot.
Then i looked at the video again, and again after 18 minutes it frozed............
I tried to delete the video but that was a big no go............
Instead of deleting the Phone rebooted.

After boot up, the Phone crashed and rebooted again ( by it self ).
After a couple of unexplainable reboots i removed the battery and tried to boot again.
No cure.....it kept freezing and rebooting.

So again i removed the battery and this time the Sd and copied and removed the video manualy with my laptop.
After that i put the Sd card back in and booted the little monster.
Strangely anougt............it worked, no odd reboots and no freezing.

I looked at the video on my laptop and the video was 3.5 Gb and a playtime of 45 minutes.
But i only had clean video for 18 minutes and after that the mediaplayers crashed.
I did some editing and splitted the video in two parts, one the 18 minutes and the rest.
The 18 minutes was exactly 1 Gb.

Maybe i am wrong but is there a link to the 1 Gb or 18 minutes.??????????
The troubles begon after i tried to play that video, and it would not let me remove it......

Am i on to something?
Currently used devises

Nokia L1320 / L520
And
Samsung Gt-P5100

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Yeah, could be an issue with videos larger than 1GB (or longer than 18 minutes) I guess... Did you actually put the phone to sleep (power button) before pocketing it, or just cover it? Was there any more actual video past that 18 minute mark (i.e. was any of the second part watchable)?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Amadeus01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Yeah, could be an issue with videos larger than 1GB (or longer than 18 minutes) I guess... Did you actually put the phone to sleep (power button) before pocketing it, or just cover it? Was there any more actual video past that 18 minute mark (i.e. was any of the second part watchable)?
The second part was not watchable, even after a atempt of recoding.

About the sleepmode, i never do that, i always tick it to the homescreen and then flip the case and thats it.

I wil try to trigger that event againt.......
Currently used devises

Nokia L1320 / L520
And
Samsung Gt-P5100

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Odd that the cutoff should be so precise. Do you happen to know whether that was the exact point at which you pocketed the phone, or should there have been more to the recording (or do the last few minutes just show the inside of your jacket)?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Amadeus01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Odd that the cutoff should be so precise. Do you happen to know whether that was the exact point at which you pocketed the phone, or should there have been more to the recording (or do the last few minutes just show the inside of your jacket)?
I took a shot for about five minutes, instead of switching the cam of, ik just flipt the cover and putted it away.
Once i in the livingroom i laid it down on the table so i got images ( mostly the sayling of the room ).
When i discovered my error, ( it was stil recording ) i stopped the cam and thats about it.
Last night i tried it again, but it won't let me tape that long anymore ( it keeps taping but does not save the video ), if i tape lets say 15 minutes, no problems and it saves the file, above the 18 minutes, it does nothing...not saving anything at all.
Currently used devises

Nokia L1320 / L520
And
Samsung Gt-P5100

th0mas96
Old
Thanks Meter 13
maybe it's the format of the SD card? You could try using one formatted to exFat (no file size limits) or use the internal storage, which should be NTFS.
However, if the card is fat32, the file size limit should be 4GB I think?

Amadeus01
Old
(Last edited by Amadeus01; 29th January 2014 at 02:16 PM.) Reason: Update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0mas96 View Post
maybe it's the format of the SD card? You could try using one formatted to exFat (no file size limits) or use the internal storage, which should be NTFS.
However, if the card is fat32, the file size limit should be 4GB I think?
I will look in to it tomorrow, just gut the Lumia Black update

And.......we are back.
Video's are cut of aprox around 7 a 8 minutes, even when i tape a half hour or so.......
It just saves around 7 minutes...strange.

But i remembered something, in the beginning i used it as a dashcam and taped more then a hour........
So i believe it might be something else..............i don't no about tomorrow, but if i have some time i do a ful factory reset.
Currently used devises

Nokia L1320 / L520
And
Samsung Gt-P5100

Amadeus01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus01 View Post
I will look in to it tomorrow, just gut the Lumia Black update

And.......we are back.
Video's are cut of aprox around 7 a 8 minutes, even when i tape a half hour or so.......
It just saves around 7 minutes...strange.

But i remembered something, in the beginning i used it as a dashcam and taped more then a hour........
So i believe it might be something else..............i don't no about tomorrow, but if i have some time i do a ful factory reset.
Oké, afternoon i did a factoryreset.
And i made a couple of video's and gues wat?
Nothing wrong, taped two times both a hour and it's looking good.

So i don't know what en how it happend but it seems that a ful factory reset did the trick.
Currently used devises

Nokia L1320 / L520
And
Samsung Gt-P5100