OP b0Ne83

14th January 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #11  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evo

Thanks for the info. I will go into an AT&T Store, over the weekend, and see if I can benefit from this. I have a Note 3 that was given to me by Best Buy, as an insurance replacement. I'm not knowledgeable, but doesn't that mean I own the device?? I talked to AT&T this even, by coincidence, seeing what they could do to lower my monthly bill. I mentioned switching over to T-Mobile, and the offers started pouring in. I got six months free unlimited texting, my bill for this month was reduced by almost half, and I was given 5,000 extra rollover minutes! The retentions rep was also going to give me an early upgrade on the spot, somehow not realizing I already owned a really new phone. It would be cool to see if I can also get this $15/mo off of my bill, too!

You "own" your device. You are still under the terms of the contract you signed when you purchased the original phone. The phone you got as a replacement "junk out" does qualify as a phone purchased as full price. The $15 off per month only applies to AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans, it sounds like you are on the old Minute plans. You are getting a better deal with the promo that AT&T is giving you now, switching plans would could potentially cost you more.

I hope this is helpful.

Also check out this website:

www dot myattrpc dot com (haven't hit my 10 post minimum)

It breaks down the different plans AT&T offers and thankfully it's closer to plain english.
Last edited by Slyck; 14th January 2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Added website, can't post link due to being a longtime lurker.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slyck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #12  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyck

You "own" your device. You are still under the terms of the contract you signed when you purchased the original phone. The phone you got as a replacement "junk out" does qualify as a phone purchased as full price. The $15 off per month only applies to AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans, it sounds like you are on the old Minute plans. You are getting a better deal with the promo that AT&T is giving you now, switching plans would could potentially cost you more.

I hope this is helpful.

Also check out this website:

www dot myattrpc dot com (haven't hit my 10 post minimum)

It breaks down the different plans AT&T offers and thankfully it's closer to plain english.

So even though he is under a two year contract, since he got his phone replaced your saying he qualifies for $15 off?

Thanks for the website btw.
29th January 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #13  
Flag Houston

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigu005

So even though he is under a two year contract, since he got his phone replaced your saying he qualifies for $15 off?

Thanks for the website btw.

No, he is still under a contract for the previous device. Once the 2 years from the device he purchased originally from Best Buy is over then he would qualify for the $15 off with the new mobile share value plans. As of right now he is still "paying" for the original device as device costs are built into the old AT&T plans.

I hope this clears that up a bit, if not let me know.
29th January 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 91

696 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyck

No, he is still under a contract for the previous device. Once the 2 years from the device he purchased originally from Best Buy is over then he would qualify for the $15 off with the new mobile share value plans. As of right now he is still "paying" for the original device as device costs are built into the old AT&T plans.

I hope this clears that up a bit, if not let me know.

Its really a great deal. Nothing down and your plan drops 15 bucks a month to 25 per line and whatever the days is. We have have 10 gigs where we used to pay 120 for it 10 GB has gone down to 100. Each line that is on the next plan goes down to 25 a month from 40 a month.

I thank T-Mobile for keeping he pressure on them
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread