Tip us?

paolo-red1
Old
(Last edited by paolo-red1; 29th January 2014 at 02:18 PM.) Reason: solved
Thanks Meter 247

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_ View Post
Newer version. And I've also compiled this with a newer fstab found in more recent commits on evervolv's github, which may fix some stuff
Do you have any idea why I have 'updater binary error' flashing twrp 2.6.3.0 from 2.6.0.0 recovery (install zip).
I can't use zip method in bootloader beacuse of up volume broken and I can't use fastboot use in windows 8 or in vitualbox.

EDIT: solved, I use updater script from evervolv, changing in twrp zip.
HTC Desire PVT4 - My dropbox floder

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4817

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo-red1 View Post
EDIT: solved, I use updater script from evervolv, changing in twrp zip.
Updater binary is what i think you meant.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paolo-red1
Old
Thanks Meter 247

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Updater binary is what i think you meant.
yes sorry, it was a typo
HTC Desire PVT4 - My dropbox floder

kostelo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default 2.7.0.0 update?

Hi there Chromium, would it be possible to compile 2.7.0.0 update of TWRP for desire? Thanks in advance.
HTC Desire - Rooted - s-off - Stock HBOOT - 4ExtRecovery - SpazeDog CM9 ICS.0.9.0U1
The Following User Says Thank You to kostelo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chromium
Old
(Last edited by Chromium; 9th March 2014 at 08:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4817

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostelo View Post
Hi there Chromium, would it be possible to compile 2.7.0.0 update of TWRP for desire? Thanks in advance.
Im attempting it now This is from their site:

Quote:
Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.
Edit: So it built the image, then realized it was too big and deleted it. lol: http://i.imgur.com/FPJJdJy.png
I have no idea about recovery stuff, but im currently on twrp irc trying to find a solution.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2012katas
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Im attempting it now This is from their site:

Edit: So it built the image, then realized it was too big and deleted it. lol: http://i.imgur.com/FPJJdJy.png
I have no idea about recovery stuff, but im currently on twrp irc trying to find a solution.
@Chromium_ is indian Priyesh.....
Nexus 7(2012) [grouper] - KitKat - 4.4.2 - Stock KOT49H
MOTO G [falcon] - XT1033 - KitKat - 4.4.2 - Stock
LG L9 [p765] - KitKat - 4.4.2 - CyanogenMod 11.0
HTC DESIRE [bravo] - Pvt 3 - S-OFF - Gingerbread - Mildwild 5.0
Karbonn Smart Tab 8 [velox] - Jellybean - 4.1.1 - Jellybean - Stock

Chromium
Old
Thanks Meter 4817

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012katas View Post
@Chromium_ is indian Priyesh.....
Yeah.

So it was easier than I anticipated:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chromium
Old
Thanks Meter 4817

DONATE TO ME
Added download links for 2.7.0.0. I haven't thoroughly tested this so be aware of that. However with that being said, I believe most things should be working just as they were in my previous build. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djfirefy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Added download links for 2.7.0.0. I haven't thoroughly tested this so be aware of that. However with that being said, I believe most things should be working just as they were in my previous build. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
I tried both of the possibilities, .zip and .img, but no luck! I followed all the recomended steps. Is it possible to be something wrong with the downloaded files? I appreciate your work! Thanks a lot!

Chromium
Old
Thanks Meter 4817

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfirefy View Post
I tried both of the possibilities, .zip and .img, but no luck! I followed all the recomended steps. Is it possible to be something wrong with the downloaded files? I appreciate your work! Thanks a lot!
What specifically is the problem?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Tags
2.7.0.0, htc desire, recovery, teamwin, twrp