Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacing OUDHS Recovery with TWRP

Tip us?

krad54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Replacing OUDHS Recovery with TWRP

Hi, I'm trying to install TWRP recovery on my AT&T S4, since I need it to flash a Kit Kat ROM. Currently I'm using the CWM-based OUDHS recovery, but I can't seem to overwrite it with TWRP. I've tried installing it with GooManager and with the Casual tool, but, whenever I restart to recovery, I go back to OUDHS. I would try ODIN, but I'm on a mac, and I don't think there's a mac version available. Does anyone have any ideas?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3164
Quote:
Originally Posted by krad54 View Post
Hi, I'm trying to install TWRP recovery on my AT&T S4, since I need it to flash a Kit Kat ROM. Currently I'm using the CWM-based OUDHS recovery, but I can't seem to overwrite it with TWRP. I've tried installing it with GooManager and with the Casual tool, but, whenever I restart to recovery, I go back to OUDHS. I would try ODIN, but I'm on a mac, and I don't think there's a mac version available. Does anyone have any ideas?
Google i337 twrp 2.6.3.0 zip xda and try flashing that in your current recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krad54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Google i337 twrp 2.6.3.0 zip xda and try flashing that in your current recovery.
Thanks! That worked perfectly.