Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] E: Unable to mount '/cache'

Tip us?

TheDiabeetle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation [Q] E: Unable to mount '/cache'

I just updated to TWRP 2.6.3.4 on my Sprint HTC One, in order to flash KitKat, and the corrisponding CyanogenMod Nightly's, but in doing so I wiped everything off my phone. So now I can get into TWRP, but have no ROMs to flash... I tried sideloading, which didn't work, so then I just used adb push to get my files into data/media, which worked.

Now Im trying to flash the .zip files for KK and CM11; KK flashes just fine, but when it gets to CM11, it gives me errors like:

Code:
E:Error executing updater binary in zip 'data/media/cm-11-20140129-NIGHTLY-m7spr.zip'
Error Flashing zip '/data/media/cm-11-20140129-NIGHTLY-m7spr.zip'
updating partition details...
E:unable to mount '/cache'
Failed

I've tried flashing KK before CM11, and after CM11; but no matter how I do it, it fails on CM11.

Anyone know whats wrong with my phone? How do I fix this so that it'll flash CM11, or any KK ROM?

Any help would be great, as my phone is useless right now...

JoeNeckbone
Old
Thanks Meter 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiabeetle View Post
I just updated to TWRP 2.6.3.4 on my Sprint HTC One, in order to flash KitKat, and the corrisponding CyanogenMod Nightly's, but in doing so I wiped everything off my phone. So now I can get into TWRP, but have no ROMs to flash... I tried sideloading, which didn't work, so then I just used adb push to get my files into data/media, which worked.

Now Im trying to flash the .zip files for KK and CM11; KK flashes just fine, but when it gets to CM11, it gives me errors like:

Code:
E:Error executing updater binary in zip 'data/media/cm-11-20140129-NIGHTLY-m7spr.zip'
Error Flashing zip '/data/media/cm-11-20140129-NIGHTLY-m7spr.zip'
updating partition details...
E:unable to mount '/cache'
Failed

I've tried flashing KK before CM11, and after CM11; but no matter how I do it, it fails on CM11.

Anyone know whats wrong with my phone? How do I fix this so that it'll flash CM11, or any KK ROM?

Any help would be great, as my phone is useless right now...
2.6.3.0 is the latest version for the sprint htc one at this time. flashing that one should fix it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2236620
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeNeckbone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheDiabeetle
Old
(Last edited by TheDiabeetle; 29th January 2014 at 09:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Do I need twrp-2.6.3.0-m7ul? or will twrp-2.6.3.0-hltetmo work just as well? It is the only 2.6.3.0 I can find.

Edit: Nevermind, I found 2.6.3.0-m7wls.

JoeNeckbone
Old
Thanks Meter 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiabeetle View Post
Do I need twrp-2.6.3.0-m7ul? or will twrp-2.6.3.0-hltetmo work just as well? It is the only 2.6.3.0 I can find.

Edit: Nevermind, I found 2.6.3.0-m7wls.
http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m7w....3.0-m7wls.img

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeNeckbone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheDiabeetle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ok I got it all sorted out, thanks a bunch!!!! It all had to do with having the wrong kind of TWRP on here.

If anyone stumbles into this thread with the same problem I had, heres what I had to do, on ubuntu:

1.Install all the android SDK, adb, and fastboot stuff. adb and fastboot both needed me to download stuff when I tried to use them in the terminal, so I just said yes and it worked fine. Fastboot requires you to use "sudo Fastboot".

2.Boot to H-BOOT, and flash TWRP 2.6.3.0 m7wls, which you can get from the TWRP website if you google TWRP 2.6.3.0 HTC One

3. If your ROMs are gone, like mine were, use either sideboot in TWRP, or the "adb push" command in Terminal, to add them back to your storage. I put mine in /data/media. (sideboot never worked for me, adb push was way more reliable.)

4.Flash your Rom and the gapps, and you should be good to go!

The commands are easily googled, but in case you can't find them:

sudo fastboot erase cache

sudo fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img

adb push XXXX.zip /data/media
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDiabeetle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]