Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with boot loop on brand new HTC One

Tip us?

djdead23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
Yeah you can go back to stock KitKat with the following rom:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2341395
It's not 100% stock... but if you'd like to go 100% stock you mist first go s off then flash a GPE RUU:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781
After that you can lock (not relock) your bootloader following this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475914
And to go s on is not recommanded!!! Just don't go back s on...! And because you are GPE I don't know how it'd work... if it works differently.. or something similar.. sry..
Yes, I'm doing S-Off first thing before I make any other changes to it. That is my very next step as soon as I have a few minutes to devote to it.

Quote:
Edit:
I don't understand why you want to return it to google
I have two HTC One devices. The old one has a touch screen issue, and I am in the process of RMAing it. The new device they sent me to replace it is the one I was having the boot loop issue with. The HTC One with the malfunctioning touchscreen is getting sent back to them, probably tomorrow, as soon as I get the replacement one working properly. I really didn't want to have to call google support again to tell them I was having issues with the new device they sent to replace the old one with. =)

Thanks given where possible. Will post status update later after S-Off attempt and hopefully return to stock kitkat.
The Following User Says Thank You to djdead23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdead23 View Post
Yes, I'm doing S-Off first thing before I make any other changes to it. That is my very next step as soon as I have a few minutes to devote to it.
Ok, good luck...

Quote:
I have two HTC One devices. The old one has a touch screen issue, and I am in the process of RMAing it. The new device they sent me to replace it is the one I was having the boot loop issue with. The HTC One with the malfunctioning touchscreen is getting sent back to them, probably tomorrow, as soon as I get the replacement one working properly. I really didn't want to have to call google support again to tell them I was having issues with the new device they sent to replace the old one with. =)

Thanks given where possible. Will post status update later after S-Off attempt and hopefully return to stock kitkat.
yeah.. that would be annoying to call google a second time... ok I think RUU and then locking the bootloader is the best thing you can do... going back s on is just a risk that won't be compensated by the expectet results.. so my recommandation.. let it be and send it back with s off

Edit: Related to the the thanks... you are awesome... most users don't even show a sing of gratitude.. so don't worry mate !
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djdead23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, good luck...
S-off achieved. Thanks LibertyMarine!

I think I'm good from here. =)

-/djdead

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
S-off achieved. Thanks LibertyMarine!

I think I'm good from here. =)

-/djdead
awesome! If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask me !
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djdead23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
awesome! If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask me !
And we're back to 4.4.2 stock GPE rooted with S-Off. Loading all my apps and data from Titanium Backup now....

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to djdead23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]