Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Martian smartwatch question

OP vinny.1967

20th January 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Egg Harbor Twp.
Thanks Meter: 6

145 posts
More
Hi, was wonder if anyone use martian smartwatch? I can't get the weather to displace on the OLED on HTC One, but everything else work fine.

Thank you in advance.
21st January 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.1967

Hi, was wonder if anyone use martian smartwatch? I can't get the weather to displace on the OLED on HTC One, but everything else work fine.

Thank you in advance.

I have the Martian. I haven't tried the weather since I updated the firmware. The old firmware caused a gps wakelock that drained the battery on my phone.

I will turn on the weather again and let you know.
21st January 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Egg Harbor Twp.

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelthy77

I have the Martian. I haven't tried the weather since I updated the firmware. The old firmware caused a gps wakelock that drained the battery on my phone.

I will turn on the weather again and let you know.

Thanx stelthy77, please let me know.
21st January 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #4  

49 posts
Looks like it is working so far for me.

I did have to reboot the watch.

Here is what I did:

In the app: Enable weather forecast, go to settings, confirm changes twice.
Reboot watch.

It didn't show up right away, but after I got another notification on the watch it was there.

Just press the lower button once, and it pops up after the status info and date. (6 degrees here, chilly...)

You can also try doing all of the above a second time if it doesn't take (recommended by Martian).
21st January 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Egg Harbor Twp.

145 posts
More
Quote:

Looks like it is working so far for me.

I did have to reboot the watch.

Here is what I did:

In the app: Enable weather forecast, go to settings, confirm changes twice.
Reboot watch.

It didn't show up right away, but after I got another notification on the watch it was there.

Just press the lower button once, and it pops up after the status info and date. (6 degrees here, chilly...)

You can also try doing all of the above a second time if it doesn't take (recommended by Martian).

Hi stelthy77, I follow your step still no go do you on a custom rom? cause i'm running InsertCoin 7.0-6 android 4.4 with sense 5.5 not sure if software not compatible ?
thanx

update, got it working. full wipe and reflash the rom gps locked work!! couldn't get gps lock=no weather......
Last edited by vinny.1967; 22nd January 2014 at 04:20 AM. Reason: got it working....
22nd January 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #6  

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.1967

Hi stelthy77, I follow your step still no go do you on a custom rom? cause i'm running InsertCoin 7.0-6 android 4.4 with sense 5.5 not sure if software not compatible ?
thanx

update, got it working. full wipe and reflash the rom gps locked work!! couldn't get gps lock=no weather......

Glad you got it working. I was just gonna ask if you had location issues.

I am still getting some battery drain from the Martian app when running with weather on. Let me know your results.
29th January 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Egg Harbor Twp.

145 posts
More
Quote:

Glad you got it working. I was just gonna ask if you had location issues.

I am still getting some battery drain from the Martian app when running with weather on. Let me know your results.

stelthy77, sorry didn't replied because i wanna knw the battery drain on mine before reply, I dont get alot of text so good for over 4 days....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread