Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Martian smartwatch question

Tip us?

vinny.1967
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question Martian smartwatch question

Hi, was wonder if anyone use martian smartwatch? I can't get the weather to displace on the OLED on HTC One, but everything else work fine.

Thank you in advance.

stelthy77
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.1967 View Post
Hi, was wonder if anyone use martian smartwatch? I can't get the weather to displace on the OLED on HTC One, but everything else work fine.

Thank you in advance.
I have the Martian. I haven't tried the weather since I updated the firmware. The old firmware caused a gps wakelock that drained the battery on my phone.

I will turn on the weather again and let you know.

vinny.1967
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelthy77 View Post
I have the Martian. I haven't tried the weather since I updated the firmware. The old firmware caused a gps wakelock that drained the battery on my phone.

I will turn on the weather again and let you know.
Thanx stelthy77, please let me know.

stelthy77
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Looks like it is working so far for me.

I did have to reboot the watch.

Here is what I did:

In the app: Enable weather forecast, go to settings, confirm changes twice.
Reboot watch.

It didn't show up right away, but after I got another notification on the watch it was there.

Just press the lower button once, and it pops up after the status info and date. (6 degrees here, chilly...)

You can also try doing all of the above a second time if it doesn't take (recommended by Martian).

vinny.1967
Old
(Last edited by vinny.1967; 22nd January 2014 at 03:20 AM.) Reason: got it working....
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Looks like it is working so far for me.

I did have to reboot the watch.

Here is what I did:

In the app: Enable weather forecast, go to settings, confirm changes twice.
Reboot watch.

It didn't show up right away, but after I got another notification on the watch it was there.

Just press the lower button once, and it pops up after the status info and date. (6 degrees here, chilly...)

You can also try doing all of the above a second time if it doesn't take (recommended by Martian).
Hi stelthy77, I follow your step still no go do you on a custom rom? cause i'm running InsertCoin 7.0-6 android 4.4 with sense 5.5 not sure if software not compatible ?
thanx

update, got it working. full wipe and reflash the rom gps locked work!! couldn't get gps lock=no weather......

stelthy77
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.1967 View Post
Hi stelthy77, I follow your step still no go do you on a custom rom? cause i'm running InsertCoin 7.0-6 android 4.4 with sense 5.5 not sure if software not compatible ?
thanx

update, got it working. full wipe and reflash the rom gps locked work!! couldn't get gps lock=no weather......
Glad you got it working. I was just gonna ask if you had location issues.

I am still getting some battery drain from the Martian app when running with weather on. Let me know your results.

vinny.1967
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Glad you got it working. I was just gonna ask if you had location issues.

I am still getting some battery drain from the Martian app when running with weather on. Let me know your results.
stelthy77, sorry didn't replied because i wanna knw the battery drain on mine before reply, I dont get alot of text so good for over 4 days....

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more