[Q&A][CyanogenMod][ChauTien CM11 4.4.2 V1.0][UNOFFICAL][Compiled]

Tip us?

lEil_0575
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Thank you and more info :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P View Post
I am curious, why is your 4th partition ext3?
Why do you have a third unallocated partition?
Is the swap partition created by you or automatically by your cwm recovery?
You don't need swap but some people like it. Usual size is 256Mb.
I think you should use your pc to move your second sd-ext to the left so that it becomes the third partition. Then either delete or expand your linux swap partition. Make sure all partitions are primary. And (re)install rom.
I recommend formatting both ext partitions to ext4 using recovery (4ext recovery if your recovery doesn't support second ext partition), since there may be problems with the rom booting if just formatted by minitool on pc. There is an sd version of 4ext recovery if you dont want to flash it to nand.
Hi Robbie,

thanks for your feedback above. The fact is, CWM always creates a Linux Swap partition, if you start to create a new system partition.
mine right now is the 31MB. The "unallocated" one is from MiniTool software. I tried to remove it, but it wont go away.
Seems that there went something wrong during the resize process. I dont know and honestly dont care, because there is no problem with ROM installation at all.

Thank you for the info about the SWAP size, will try to install KK without Swap.
Regarding the partition sizes and amounts, please see below:
  • 1st Partition 1,91GB ext3 format, primary, 32KB cluster size
  • 2nd Partition 2,00GB ext4 format, primary, default cluster size
  • Linux Swap 31,00 MB (created automatically during partitioning SD card from CWM)
  • The rest is FAT32 format with default cluster size.

1 am using a 16GB MicroSDHC (Class 4, will purchase a new 32 or 64GB class 6 or maybe class 10, because i own an HD2 EUR Version and always prefer the install method DataOnExt). The reasone i posted these question is cos i will try KK installation shortly.

gazzacbr
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lEil_0575 View Post
... The "unallocated" one is from MiniTool software. I tried to remove it, but it wont go away.
Seems that there went something wrong during the resize process. I dont know and honestly dont care, because there is no problem with ROM installation at all...
its only 8mb and just a result of partition alignment. sometimes it will be at the end of the list. ignore it.

i just installed this Native SD with data on ext4 and no problems at all.
as Robbie says, keep things really simple to start. i will sometimes use a spare 8gb card and only format it fat32/ext4.
when its installed ok i can copy the partitions/data using minitool partition wizard (or gparted if that fails) back on to my main 64gb card.

p.s. avoid class 10 cards unless you know it has been speed tested. they will usually be slower that 4 or 6 for what our phones do withe them.
they are good for cameras. check google for more info.
HTC HD2: magldr, nand tytung JellyBean 4.3, 64gb sdxc
HTC Kaiser: android for igo OR winmo for tomtom
"My cat took my screws"

exhit
Old
(Last edited by exhit; 15th January 2014 at 03:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorner View Post
Hi mosquito

Nand with data on ext
You have to install the latest ROM and HSPL
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611433

Then you have to wipe your nand with task 29 using this tool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1090783

After the wipe, you should repartition it with either MAGLDR or CLK
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1021837
or you can use the same HTC HD2 nand toolkit, youtube has several videos with tutorials.
You have to try what system size works for you, in the main thread you can find:
"Minimum required: 400MB
Recommended: 450~500MB"

You have to enter CWM Recovery
-MAGLDR: boot up your phone into magldr by pressing the power button and not releasing it until you see the menu, and navigate with your volume rockers to 8.AD Recovery and press the call button.
-CLK: boot up by pressing the power and home button at the same time and also not releasing it until you see the recovery menu.

Once in CWM recovery, you have to access mounts and storage and then mount USB storage.

Connect your phone to the PC.

You have to repartition your sd card with two or three primary partitions, depending on whether you would like swap or not.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916464
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2126363

You have to copy the downloaded custom ROMs .zip file and copy it to your FAT32 partition.
(the fat partition should be the first one in the partition table, or else windows will not recognize your phone)

Navigate back to the main menu of CWM recovery and select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard after that it's kind of straight forward, having to follow the instructions.

Nativesd and directSD
I recall that it's pretty much the same process, but you don't have to wipe your nand or partition your sdcard.
After entering CWM recovery, you have to same route to install it and the follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope that it was helpful,
if something is wrong, please correct me
EDIT: I quoted the wrong text line
Stuck at Blue text: No Boot Source

Ahmed93
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhit View Post
EDIT: I quoted the wrong text line
Stuck at Blue text: No Boot Source
using HD2 toolkit, did you install MAGLDR?
after that, did you install Clockwork?
Currently using: HTC Desire (MW) & HTC HD2
Previous phones:
- Xperia Arc (Ice cream pureness -by ThilinaC)
- Samsung Galaxy Spica (some custom Rom)
- Nokia N900
- many Nokias
..I dont like huge, long signatures

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed93 View Post
using HD2 toolkit, did you install MAGLDR?
You can install MAGLDR via Toolkit or with MAGLDR application, it's the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed93 View Post
after that, did you install Clockwork?
Like on instruction, Yes, after you have to install CMW but first repartitioning the NAND with Toolkit or via CMW with flash.cfg file.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)