Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock remote app zip?

Tip us?

bigshowjh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock remote app zip?

Does anyone have or can point me in the right direction to download the zl stock remote control app. I upgraded to 4.3 with root and the only thing not working is the remote app. I want to remove and reinstall it Apk or zip . Thanks

bigshowjh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshowjh View Post
Does anyone have or can point me in the right direction to download the zl stock remote control app. I upgraded to 4.3 with root and the only thing not working is the remote app. I want to remove and reinstall it Apk or zip . Thanks
Ok got this one figured out. After trying to restore the remote app from titanium backup after upgrading from 4.2 rooted to 4.3 rooted everything worked but the remote control app. I couldn't restore from a titanium backup and tried other thing with no luck. This is what i did to get it to install. I downloaded the remote app from here http://d-h.st/akx . After that i extracted the zip whick gave me three apks. They were irremote.apk, IrRemoteApiService.apk, and IrRemoteService.apk. I then used root browser and navigated to /system/apps. Removed the no working irremote apk's and ir odex file. Then rebooted. Then went back into the system/apps folder pasted the 3 ir apk's. Then changed the permissions. Then installed the apk's, and finally rebooted. My stock remote control app is now working fine. Thanks to Ben Ling for the files. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.