Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 45,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9000 bricked or not

Tip us?

Eddy25
Old
(Last edited by Eddy25; 4th January 2014 at 01:44 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] i9000 bricked or not

Hi everybody; I have purshased a damaged galaxy s to try to fix it (for the fun) but no way to get it working...
Here is the situation (I don't know the history of this phone):
- when powering it on, it stucks at "GALAXY S GT-I9000" screen
- I can go to the download mode by pressing the 3 buttons BUT CANNOT go to recovery mode
- I can go to the download mode by using the jig usb
- Odin does not recognize the phone
- Windows (seven 32 bits and XP) says "USB device not recognized" as soon as i plug it to the pc in download mode
- when plugging it to the pc in normal mode I just have the circle of battery charging (but actually it does not charge the battery) and I NEVER get the battery logo with the progressing green bar like with a normally working one.
- Have tried heimdall (on windows) without success (zadig.exe says UNKNOWN Device")
-Have also tried the one click method without success (my phone is never seen...)
- I know my usb cable is good since i have tried it with a working galaxy s
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the samsung usb drivers and used three versions of these drivers without success

Have you any idea on how to fix it or is it hard bricked
Can the usb port of the phone (the charging mini usb port) be the problem? (if yes it is strange since the jig usb works).
any help please....

Cyrd
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hey, You could try everything listed here in this great USB trouble shooting tutorial by xsenman http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537635

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app