Frequently Asked Questions for Asus Transformer TF300T Thread

Search This thread

n0013z

Oct 31, 2013
fuffering ncinell

I tend to read the first two or three posts of any rom thread carefully and decide from there what bootloader is needed. *If I don't find the info I need I tend to look at other roms. *I will also read the last three or four pages of any rom to see what the current problems are if any.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I find*ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL Firmware: V10.6.2.10 Only for WW SKU (Android 4.2) on Asus. *Use this link then click driver and tools, then click android, then click firmware. *If you are not ww then I don't know. *I have seen very, very few TF300TL posts and I honestly don't know the answer to your problem. *I don't think it can be treated as TF300T or Asus would.
If it were me I would post in Q&A and hope for an answer there, otherwise google 4.2 rom for Asus TF300TL.
Google will try to give you links for TF300T but click for TF300TL only and you will find results for Android 4.2 roms.
Good Luck!

Hi tobdaryl thx for the quick reply.
I did check the asus website awhile back for updates but only saw the 4.2 for WW SKU, Non for US SKU. I had also checked on Asus USA and there was only 4.1.1.
so I guess there will be no 4.2. for US SKU (i'm really hoping there will be one, guess ill just have to wait and be patient for now)

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
Hi tobdaryl thx for the quick reply.
I did check the asus website awhile back for updates but only saw the 4.2 for WW SKU, Non for US SKU. I had also checked on Asus USA and there was only 4.1.1.
so I guess there will be no 4.2. for US SKU (i'm really hoping there will be one, guess ill just have to wait and be patient for now)

I don't expect much more from Asus on any of the 300 tablets. You may want to investigate custom roms.
I haven't done any study on the tl because there aren't many questions posted.
I guess I assumed there were few tl units sold.

rondietz1

Jan 23, 2008
Rooting and Flashing without USB Port on Dock

I would love to flash a custom rom on my TF300T, I can see when I boot (4.2.1) that the device states that it is unlocked, however I am lost when it comes to rooting and flashing. I have flashed many a phone, and am very familiar with the process, have used both TWRP and CWM recovery many times and know all the wiping steps, etc., my problem is how to install a custom recovery without a keyboard dock, therefore, no USB port. Every instruction I have found has gone into enabling USB debugging, and the steps to install from a pc, but there has to be a way of doing it without a pc. I would find it hard to believe that I am the first person without a dock that wants to flash a custom rom! Please, anyone out there with a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate the help. I tried searching, so if this has been discussed before, I apologize.

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
I would love to flash a custom rom on my TF300T, I can see when I boot (4.2.1) that the device states that it is unlocked, however I am lost when it comes to rooting and flashing. I have flashed many a phone, and am very familiar with the process, have used both TWRP and CWM recovery many times and know all the wiping steps, etc., my problem is how to install a custom recovery without a keyboard dock, therefore, no USB port. Every instruction I have found has gone into enabling USB debugging, and the steps to install from a pc, but there has to be a way of doing it without a pc. I would find it hard to believe that I am the first person without a dock that wants to flash a custom rom! Please, anyone out there with a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate the help. I tried searching, so if this has been discussed before, I apologize.
No dock is needed. *The charge cable for your tablet is plugged into a usb port on the pc instead of the charger.

gerard0986

Dec 16, 2007
Victorville
I have a TF300T that I wanna get back up to date, however, I've been away from this section for a while, so I forgot most of the stuff. Not sure about these bootloader version requirements, or how to make the big jump from 4.1 to 4.4.2. Here's some info.

TF300T of course. Unlocked.
TWRP 2.3.1.0
Android Version 4.1.1
Build Number CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.1

Not sure if more info is needed, but how would I go about updating TWRP, installing a new 4.4.2 ROM, etc. and what should I be worrying about in terms of bootloader version or whatever?

TheGOAT232412

Account currently disabled
I am currently looking to unlock/root and begin to flash these awesome ROMS that these devs have spent their hard work on. Even though I have unlocked/rooted multiple android phones this would be my first tablet so I want to try and have as little errors as possible. I have read throughout the forums that you have to download an ASUS bootloader, I beleive, in order to be able to unlock/root the most recent 4.2.1 update. If someone could just help point me in the right direction to what I need to read and have installed that would be much appreciated, of course I will leave a little info about my tablet. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
STOCK
Android Version: 4.2.1
Build Number: JOP40D.US-epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902

Thanks In Advance!

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I am currently looking to unlock/root and begin to flash these awesome ROMS that these devs have spent their hard work on. Even though I have unlocked/rooted multiple android phones this would be my first tablet so I want to try and have as little errors as possible. I have read throughout the forums that you have to download an ASUS bootloader, I beleive, in order to be able to unlock/root the most recent 4.2.1 update. If someone could just help point me in the right direction to what I need to read and have installed that would be much appreciated, of course I will leave a little info about my tablet. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
STOCK
Android Version: 4.2.1
Build Number: JOP40D.US-epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902

Thanks In Advance!

Helpful Things to know:

1. Unlock using the official unlock APK V7 or higher.
  2. Never click wipe data in the fastboot menu after unlocking. It is a permanent BRICK.
  3. Flash a -4.2 Recovery. Flashing a -jb will result in a brick.
  4. KitKat ROMs require a special recovery, 2.6.3.1 for TWRP. JellyBean ROMs use 2.6.3.0 -42.
  5. NvFlash is a good idea to prevent permanent bricking.

gerard0986

Dec 16, 2007
Victorville
I am now on ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.15.3 Only for US SKU (Android 4.2) and just did the whole NVFlash Flatline Backup thing.

1. Which TWRP should I use? The newest one with -42 or 2.5.0.0? I heard 2.5.0.0 was "the only one I'd need".

2. I guess I'm on 4.2 right now. So with these newer 4.4 and 4.3 ROMs, can I just flash them? Or is there some more specific stuff I need to do like from 4.1 to 4.2?

rlanza1054

Dec 5, 2011
Astoria, N.Y.
Hi all,

I've seemed to be getting myself confused lately when dealing with roms and updates.

For the very first time I used something other than stock. In the past I was happy with just being rooted.

But since Asus stopped upgrading the TF300T, and being tired of lags, I chose my first custom rom.

I went with a standard CyanogenMod CM11 Nightly's

I had someone named Josh from XDA guide me and he was great and very patient.

But now I am doing Nightly's and I noticed that there seems to be an upgrade to the gapps (which technically has nothing to do with CyanogenMod).

I however and finding several different gapps files.

One stock labeled gapps and the other called something like 'paranoid gapps'.

What is the difference between the two?

Should I consider this Paranoid Gapps?

And lastly what is the best place or link to the gapps files.

Goo Manager doesn't seem to carry the latest files from what I am seeing.

Also one very last question: Do you need a special gapps for each device or Rom? Or is there only one overall gapps installation file no matter what device you are working on?

Thanks

Rob

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
Hi all,

I've seemed to be getting myself confused lately when dealing with roms and updates.

For the very first time I used something other than stock. In the past I was happy with just being rooted.

But since Asus stopped upgrading the TF300T, and being tired of lags, I chose my first custom rom.

I went with a standard CyanogenMod CM11 Nightly's

I had someone named Josh from XDA guide me and he was great and very patient.

But now I am doing Nightly's and I noticed that there seems to be an upgrade to the gapps (which technically has nothing to do with CyanogenMod).

I however and finding several different gapps files.

One stock labeled gapps and the other called something like 'paranoid gapps'.

What is the difference between the two?

Should I consider this Paranoid Gapps?

And lastly what is the best place or link to the gapps files.

Goo Manager doesn't seem to carry the latest files from what I am seeing.

Also one very last question: Do you need a special gapps for each device or Rom? Or is there only one overall gapps installation file no matter what device you are working on?

Thanks

Rob

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I believe this link covers almost everything you asked about cyanogenmod gapps except where to find them all.*http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
Due to cyanogenmod not supporting gapps you will find them being built by various devs at various locations. - (google is your friend here)

I have flashed pagapps with cyanogenmod as late as yesterday. *Doing this sometimes creates issues but that is also the case with cyanogenmod gapps.

There are some device specific gapps but most are not. This is done for various reasons.
support hardware
requests from users
address device or rom issues

gerard0986

Dec 16, 2007
Victorville
I am now on ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.15.3 Only for US SKU (Android 4.2) and just did the whole NVFlash Flatline Backup thing.

1. Which TWRP should I use? The newest one with -42 or 2.5.0.0? I heard 2.5.0.0 was "the only one I'd need".

2. I guess I'm on 4.2 right now. So with these newer 4.4 and 4.3 ROMs, can I just flash them? Or is there some more specific stuff I need to do like from 4.1 to 4.2?

Can anyone help? How do I update to V10.6.1.27.5 from here?

dataonly76

Jul 15, 2014
cannot boot into recovery mode.

Need help with installing twrp

I unlocked the bootloader downloaded from the austek webpage, and my tablet is working fine right now but if I fastboot and then select recovery mode i get taken to the screen your describing- the open droid with the red exclamation mark triangle with the error message,

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
Need help with installing twrp

I unlocked the bootloader downloaded from the austek webpage, and my tablet is working fine right now but if I fastboot and then select recovery mode i get taken to the screen your describing- the open droid with the red exclamation mark triangle with the error message,

This is normal. The droid is stock recovery and the exclamation tells you there is no stock update to install.

dataonly76

Jul 15, 2014
This is normal. The droid is stock recovery and the exclamation tells you there is no stock update to install.

then what should i do next? how do i create a nandroid backup and how to i flash/install TWRP 2.7.1.0 in order to install omnirom 4.4.4 homebuild if i can load into recovery mode?

Last edited:

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
then what should i do next? how do i create a nandroid backup and how to i flash/install TWRP 2.7.1.0 in order to install omnirom 4.4.4 homebuild if i can load into recovery mode?

I assume you downloaded twrp from the omni thread. Unzip and place recovery.img in your fastboot & adb directory.
Boot into your bootloader and fastboot your twrp file.
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot recovery
Now you can make your nandroid and flash omni with twrp.(this assumes you have placed your omni zip on your tablet.
Good Luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions for your Asus Transformer TF300T

This thread is here to help our community out as best as it can.
    Why is this thread here?
    There's 2 main reasons really. The first reason is to stop the development threads getting filled with questions which have nothing to do with the thread they're posted in. That then makes the thread go off-topic which is not what a development thread is there for.
    The second reason is because there are too many repetitive questions being asked. The main problem with that is the fact that other users will sometimes attack the OP and 'flaming' them.

The main way which this thread will help to stop that happening is by helping you out as much as possible, while being in a friendly environment.
    Below you will find the Thread Rules which I expect you all to follow and not to break them.

Thread Rules

1. Remember that while posting in this thread and across the whole site, you must not break the Forum Rules.
    2. Even though this thread is for everyone to use, there'll be a lot if new members in here so no flaming or insulting anyone else.
    3. As this is a help thread, remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question.
    4. Even if you get your question answered by reading the 2nd post, be sure to come back here and read some more. It will help you to learn even more.

Hall Of Fame

As I'll be keeping an eye on this thread quite a lot, I'll be adding the people to this list who have been the most helpful and are contributing the most, and we need your help for a good FAQs

Code:
    [B][CENTER]
    [B]1.[URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4518416"][B][COLOR="Blue"] - QuantumFoam[/COLOR][/B][/URL] who is the chief editor of the FAQ
    2. -  [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2559267"][B][COLOR="Green"]tobdaryl[/COLOR][/B][/URL] - Help provider
    5.[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

Asus TF300 Moderators

If you report any posts, the report will go to our SM (Senior Moderator) and FSMs (Forum Specific Moderators). They are our SM - zelendel and our FSMs - babijoee, chrisd1a1, Divine_Madcat, GODZSON, Moscow Desire, zacthespack . If you have any questions about this forum in particular then feel free to drop them a PM or you can use the button report

First of all, I'm linking to some general XDA threads which can help you become more familiar with this site and how things run. I feel this is one thing which new users don't realize because they think it's okay to come to this site and post anywhere.
    If you don't feel this applies to you, please move onto the Asus TF300T links further down this post.

The first of all is the Forum Rules, which is the first thread that you must read and implement for taking good time here

The XDA Tour and Report Posts

XDA New User Guide - I can't stress enough how important that thread is. If you follow what that guide says, you'll be well on your way to becoming an asset to the XDA forums.

[HOW TO] Make A Substantial Thread, Post, Question & Poll - This is also a must read thread. Why, you ask? Well it's simple. Reading this will show you the best way to post your thread to ensure that people will respond and be able to help you. Rather than just giving no information or a thread title called "Mah phone brikked. Hlp me plzzz!", following that thread will give you the best chance of being helped.

[HOW TO] Make A Good Signature - This really is needed because as you'll see in a lot of signatures, mine included, is that we list our current devices and what ROM/kernel we are using. This helps people to help us. Take a look at the thread to find out what else to include in your signature.

ASUS TF300T Helpful Links
    - [INDEX][04 Feb 2013]TF300T & TG-INDEX of Roms/Dev Guides/Kernels/Recoveries/etc.
    - [GUIDE]Upgrade your TF300t to Jellybean, recovery, root & remove bloatware[Noobproof]
    - (TF300T)For All Your Jelly Bean discussions-problems
    - (TF300TG)For All Your Jelly Bean discussions-problems
    - Small guide for Install recovery and rooting when you are already to JB
    - [GUIDE] Help for flash more faster when you use Fastboot Line Command
    - How to install Universal Naked Drivers

In post 2 there'll be an FAQ which will help you out aswell

And don't forget to rate for this thread -
    ratef.png
    Thanks in advance ;)
    Do you think upgrading to the tf700 is worth the extra money? Or what about the Samsung note 10.1 or whatever it is

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Between the two I believe I would choose the tf700 based on your need for a keyboard. You could use bluetooth but I expect many are already doing that and frequencies are limited(which limits the number that can be used in a small space - 30 feet).
    Comparing price in the B&H(BandH.com) catalog that came today the tf300 32gb is 451.76 and the tf700 32gb is 469.99.
    Note that at least some of the issues with the tf300 exist in the tf700. This seems to be due to Asus trying to limit full access to their units.
    Reserved for FAQ
    You know, I've often wondered why that is even there,

The right place to do 'wipes' is in a custom Recovery,
    where there is an OS controlling the device mounts
    and unmounts. The boot loader is more or less like
    a PC's BIOS, while it can do it, its too early in the
    boot process for it to have the right understanding
    about whats happening in the devices setup, to
    do it safely and properly.

+1
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Aaaand I'll take #5 :cool: